0 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , ,

wway-ads-zone5

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — An attic fire that sparked at a Wilmington home while the residents were inside was called by an electrical short.

According to David Hines with the Wilmington Fire Department, crews were able to extinguish the fire that started around 2 a.m. at 2819 Morgan Street.

The residents, who were at home at the time of the fire, called 911.

Hines says the American Red Cross is helping the family relocate. No injuries were reported.

The fire caused over $12,000 in damage to the home.

Comment on this Story

wway-ads-zone39

Related News

Garage fire on 43rd Street. (Photo: Sarah Johnson/WWAY)
2 days ago
0 Comments for this article
No one hurt in Wilmington garage fire
Read More»
Wilmington Police investigate after a baby was found dead in a car outside a daycare center on May 25, 2016. (Photo: Daniel Seamans/WWAY)
2 days ago
0 Comments for this article
Investigation continues in death of baby found in car
Read More»
SUV crashes into Wilmington business -- Photo: Hannah Patrick/WWAY
4 days ago
1 Comments for this article
SUV crashes into Wilmington business
Read More»