Jury selection to begin for convicted felon in Wilmington rape trial


Tags: , , , , , ,

Submitted: Mon, 04/01/2013 - 12:28pm
Updated: Mon, 04/01/2013 - 9:54pm
By:

By: F.T. Norton
StarNewsOnline.com

A Wilmington man with a violent criminal history will go on trial this week in a 2010 rape police say he committed five days after being released from prison for slitting the throat of a defense attorney in 1996.

Jury selection begins Monday in Sampson County in the rape trial of Christopher Harold Goins, 37.

Goins was denied a change of venue, but was granted a jury from out of the county because he was convicted in the vicious assault of the Wilmington attorney. New Hanover County judges recused themselves. A judge from another county is hearing the case.

According to the New Hanover County District Attorney's Office, jury selection will take place in Sampson County. When a jury is seated, jurors will be bused to Wilmington each day for trial.

To read the rest of this story, visit the StarNewsOnline.com.

3 Comments

  • Guest-o-matic says:

    A record a mile long. Several instances of trying to kill people. Why in the world would any judge let a person like this mingle with ordinary society? A lifetime history of violence proving him to be a direct threat to anyone in his path.

  • Guest CommonTater says:

    Plenty of laws but no justice. Stupid holier than thou judges….

  • Justice Prevail says:

    If he had been delt with properly the first time this would not be an issue at this point. He should be feeding the worms and making the grass grow.

Leave a Reply