0 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Investigators say improperly discarded smoking materials are to blame for a fire overnight that destroyed a Wilmington home.

Two people were inside when the fire started just before 3 a.m. at 3925 Fawn Creek Drive.

The first units on scene said the house was 50 percent involved when they arrived. The fire department says crews focused on protecting two neighboring homes.

Police say the two men who lived in the home got out unharmed.

Comment on this Story

Related News

EmergencyLightsRoad
54 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
On the roads: accident closes part of Dawson St.
Read More»
(Photo: Taylor Yakowenko/WWAY)
8 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Accident involving train, SUV blocks Market Street
Read More»
Hawk Wheels Bike Share (Photo: Kirsten Gutierrez/WWAY)
13 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
UNCW bike-share program soars
Read More»