make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Wilmington man sentenced for heroin distribution

READ MORE:

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- A Wilmington man was sentenced to 10 years in prison and five years of supervised release when he gets out.

In November, Carnell White pleaded guilty to possession with the intent to distribute and the distribution of 100 grams or more of heroin.

During the course of the investigation, the Wilmington Police Department made three undercover purchases of heroin from White between September 2011 and February 2012.

The investigation also revealed that White was responsible for distributing more than 1.5 kilograms of heroin into Southeastern North Carolina.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Sentencing

Also, to clarify, Randall will be doing AT LEAST 85% of his 120 month sentence - that is unless some retroactive changes are made to federal drug laws which is certainly possible given the snowballing BOP population which is honestly around 75% drug offenders.

Even in NC, there is no early parole - if you get sentenced for a felony you get a minimum and maximum term and, even if you behave, you will be released no earlier than your minimum. As I said before, there is no federal parole - an inmate must complete 85% of their sentence to be eligible for release and even then much of the remaining 15% is spent in a federal halfway house where they are tightly controlled.

Another case of "The Revolving Courtroom Door".

Sounds like a soap opera doesn't it? If you go sit in superior court and watch the antics, it resembles the cross of a soap opera and a 3 ring circus.

So, we have ol' Carnell here that already has 2 Felony convictions for delivery, selling and possession of Schedule I, II and VI narcotics and has 3 Misdemeanor convictions to include resisting an officer and criminal trespassing. He's never done a single day in jail, only probation.

We take this story further and catch ol' Carnell with mass quantites of more poison intended for our children, our bothers and sisters and our friends. We know what Carnells intent is, we know what Carnell likes to do as he has proven it with his criminal convictions and we know what Carnell will most likely do when he gets out of prison. He's going to deal drugs again! They give him 10 years, he'll be out in 3, not only as a convicted Felon, but now as an ex-con. His chances for any legal success is greatly diminished, but it was his choice and he was provided many opportunities!

When you know what you have, and you know what you're going to get, I can't see any reason why vermin like this, that is hell-bent on selling poison to our children with the possibility of killing them, shouldn't be sentenced to 50 years or more. He's proven his pathway and been given chances. Just shove him back out into society and let him do it again? Nice job....

???

First Carnell, or Randall as most call him, has definitely done jail time though it was pretrial and he ultimately got probation for his cases.

I know this guy very well - the other dealers call him "Hunnit" as in hundred, like hundred grand because he was the first of his group to make a hundred thousand.

Nice guy but one of the least punctual people I have EVER met in my life. He would routinely have people waiting in parking lots for literally hours.

Glad I left that life behind.

If he had been convicted in

If he had been convicted in a North Carolina court instead of a federal court he would be serving more than three years. North Carolina has structured sentencing which provides a range with a minimum required sentence that is mandatory that the prisoners serve. I am not that familiar with the federal court system so I cannot say how much time this man will serve, but it's not enough.

In less then one year, he

In less then one year, he will be back on the streets, and the welfare system.

Federal Sentencing

If he was sentence under the jurisdiction of the Federal Court those fifteen years he as dealing with the system would actually be fifteen years. In the federal system you will serve every day unless you have friends in extremely high places or have a lot of money. I forgot sing like a humming bird will get your time reduce to, it's according to who you tell on. There is no time off for good behavior in the federal system.

That's good to know. Thanks

That's good to know. Thanks for clarifying it for me.