7 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The bridgetender says things are back to normal at the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge after a technical problem caused the bridge to get stuck while trying to raise for a passing ship.

The bridgetender says a short of some sort caused the problem, which has tied up traffic for about half an hour. He says the problem has been fixed, and the bridge is now all the way up to allow a tanker ship to continue up river. Once the ship passes, the bridge will go back down and let traffic flow normally.

Comment on this Story

7 Comments on "Cape Fear Memorial Bridge back to normal after earlier problem"

Vog46
2015 years 9 months ago

Sometimes I’m the only person I can have an intelligent conversation with around here

(that excludes YOU of course, Tater)

;-)

Vog

Guest CommonTater
2015 years 9 months ago

talking to yourself stuff….. it’s scaring us.

Guest Reply
2015 years 9 months ago

“The bridgetender says a short of some sort caused the problem” (Unquote)
Turned out to be the “Googanger Thingamabob” was broken :-(
I guess when they saw what caused the problem…there was a sticker or label on it that read…”A Short of some sort”. They’re a Poet and Don’t Know It!
I remember years ago, before my retirement, there was a problem with a jet engine component that held up the whole shabang. There was a sticker on it (when found) that read…”Have Maintenance Fix Me Bubba”. Now such problems are identified with console warning lights, and a recorded voice of an MIT egghead that sends you in the right direction. Some of those voices come with British accents, like a GPS can :-)

jj
2015 years 9 months ago

That is the reason we need a new Bridge. If this old bridge goes down for a long period of time, people in Leland can’t come to down town Wilmington anymore.

Vog46
2015 years 9 months ago

The CF Bridge went “up” and stayed “up” for more than 4 hours would they call a Doctor or D.O.T. Maintenance? I thought I heard something about that on TV

Vog

Vog46
2015 years 9 months ago

What I had heard on TV was regarding the Democrats constantly campaigning right after they won in the last election.
“If you have an election lasting more than 4 years please call your doctor”

yeah, that’s what I heard.

Vog

guest(traffic)
2015 years 9 months ago

I for one will have to say I was stuck in that traffic and that I am very pleased with the response times from NCDOT!!! If it wasnt for quick response times and knowledge they possess, a 30 minute delay to vehicular traffic could easily of turned into a possible few hours.