12 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WWAY) -– Twelve days after a brawl between as many as 60 people that sent four men to the hospital, Carolina Beach Police detectives have gotten warrants in the case.

According to a witness, whose identity we have chosen to withhold due to her age, two separate groups of people had had been out on the Royal Winner Princess II Party Cruise April 27.

When they returned to shore, her group was trying to decide on rides home when her 32-year-old cousin got in a verbal altercation with a member of the other group, which she believed to be from Clinton.

“The dude started rambling on about something and pushed my cousin, and then after that it was like chaos,” the teenage witness to the fight said. “People surrounded him, and from what I could see they were beating him up pretty bad, but my father came in and yanked someone off of him and beat him to the ground. Then this random dude came out of nowhere and tried to hit my dad so my first reaction was to try and run and stop the conflict between my dad and this random dude. This man came between me and my dad and threw a swing at me and it hurt.”

During the altercation the witness says her cousin tried to use a shovel to protect himself but was repeatedly hit in the head with bricks from a nearby building. He suffered severe head trauma and was taken to New Hanover Regional Medical Center where he underwent emergency surgery.

At this time Carolina Beach Police are not releasing the identities of the three men named in the warrants. Sampson County Sheriff’s deputies and probation officers are currently working with Carolina Beach Police to apprehend the men.

Comment on this Story

Leave a Reply

12 Comments on "Police get warrants for Carolina Beach fight"

Notify of

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted

Related News