Bridge work to close part of River Road this week

Tags: , , , ,

Submitted: Mon, 05/13/2013 - 12:54pm

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Bridge work will mean a closure on part of River Road in New Hanover County this week.

The North Carolina Department of Transportation closed River Road 2.9 miles south of Sanders Drive in both direction at 8 a.m. The closure continues until Friday at 5 p.m. Crews are working on the bridge over Lords Creek.

The NCDOT reminds motorists to STAY ALERT, encourages motorists to use alternate routes when possible during this period, drive with caution, obey the posted speed limits, and allow extra travel time.

For additional information regarding the dates and times of this closure, please visit http://www.ncdot.org and click on “Travel & Maps” then, click on “Traveler Information Management System” and use the dropdown menus for county or route, or call “511” from any phone.

To obtain more information about this work, you may contact Eric Britt, Bridge Maintenance Supervisor at (910) 371-2372.

• Vog46 says:

Thats part of the sraightaway !!

Thats where I spe……ahem, “field test” my car. Make sure it’s performing up to snuff.

How dare they take that away from me…….

The nerve……

Vog

I used to drive down River Road on a daily basis. I sure do miss it sometimes.

• Guest-o-matic says:

I catch air going over that bridge on my Ducati. I’ll miss that…

• M says:

Ok so why couldn’t this be done after school is out? Does dot not realize how much this will inconvience this is going to be? Please reconsider! We only have 19 days of school left here in new Hanover county

• Bonnie says:

People get it over it. Repair work needs to be done. No it will not always be done at the convenience of the citizens of the community but get over it. It’s only a week. It will be open after rush hour.
    So the school bus’s will have to re-route for one week big deal.

Be thankful the repair/maintenance work is being done. If not and something serious did happen then that stretch of road would be shut down for longer period of time.

So just get over it accept it and take a different route for all of 5 day during the day. not that big of a deal.

This is a complete joke. I have never seen so much incompetence,as all the road repairs that start in the spring and summer.If this is not a safety issue just start it on June the 8th when school lets out. Do they have any idea how many people use that road to get to Murray,Ashley and Anderson.

• Guest Reply says:

I know a great Dentist that does bridge work/repair…for a reasonable price, and he’s fast too.
    Call BR549 and ask for Rosco Cleepenhiemer the III :-)