13 Comments for this article

Tags: , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A police chase that began at a traffic stop ended with a crash, sending several people to the hospital.

According to the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office, the driver of a stolen car fled from police at a traffic stop, and then crashed near Princess Place Drive in Wilmington.

Renee Beckman’s car was hit during the chase while she was inside a friend’s house. Her boyfriend, however, was inside the car when the crash happened.

“I tried to open the car door, it was stuck, and in the process I busted my lip,” said Beckman. “I pulled him out of the car cause there was gas leaking out of the car. I drug him into the house, and the next thing I know the police were coming,” she said.

Beckman said her boyfriend was taken to the hospital.

The driver and backseat passenger of what deputies say was a stolen vehicle were both taken into custody. The female, front seat passenger was taken to the hospital with a head injury.

Comment on this Story

13 Comments on "UPDATE: Police chase ends with crash, sends several to hospital"

Guest98701
2015 years 8 months ago

Just because she appears to be unconscious does not mean that CPR needs to be give. If breathing is verified, CPR is not needed.

Guest350
2015 years 8 months ago

If she was breathing and her heart beating, CPR is not necessary. Just being knocked out does not require CPR. She will come to on her own.

Guest: me
2015 years 8 months ago

Danya, you are wrong on all accounts, the passenger wasn’t pulled from the car by officers, she was thrown from the vehicle from the impact of the crash. Know what you’re talking about before commenting.

Guest2020
2015 years 8 months ago

Also, they cannot be moving her around in case she has back or neck injuries.

Wilmington Observer
2015 years 8 months ago

You really did not expect anyone to preform CPR to someone who was breathing, did you?

Wilmington Observer

FYI
2015 years 8 months ago

….they do not administer CPR on a person that is breathing and has a pulse. To do so could cause serious injury. They may be unconscious but still breathing and have a pulse.

Dayna
2015 years 8 months ago

I saw the female passenger after the police had pulled her from the vehicle and laid her on the grass. She appeared completely unconscious. Some officers were saying things like, “Can you hear me?? Talk to me.” A female officer yelled, “Do you have any children? Think of your children!” But I did not see any of the officers try to give her CPR or revive her physically.

Vog46

No, they’re not lost.

A parade was passing by – they couldn’t get out of the parking lot.

Vog

Guest Repl

It’s called…”Police Scanner Reporting 101″

Wilmington Observer
2015 years 8 months ago

“WWAY has a crew on the way and will bring you more details as they become available”. That was posted, almost 24 hours ago. Did the crews, actually, get sent to the scene? Where are the “more details”? Is this just another example of putting more importance on being “first to report” instead of professional journalism that, actually, gives the readers a, clear and complete, understanding of the events that transpired?

Wilmington Observer

Wilmington Observer
2015 years 8 months ago

I just returned from a trip to an area where the journalist did more than print press releases, “copy & paste” articles from national news sources or, as you describe it, “police scanner reporting”. I forgot that I was back in the Wilmington area. Silly me…….

Wilmington Observer

Guestoffo
2015 years 8 months ago

Why do people like you feel it necessary to sign you name after your comment when it is clearly visible from your submission name?

Guest-o-matic
2015 years 8 months ago

…the signature is merely a setting that is automatically applied to the post.