Boater charged after boat bumps Johnnie Mercer’s Pier

Tags: , , , , , ,

Submitted: Tue, 05/28/2013 - 6:31pm
Updated: Tue, 05/28/2013 - 9:50pm

WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, NC (WWAY) — Wildlife officers charged a boater with operating a watercraft while impaired after his boat bumped Johnnie Mercer’s Pier at Wrightsville Beach yesterday.

Investigators say Michael Rushing’s 50-foot boat came too close to shore as he and two passengers waved at friends on the beach.

Investigators say the boat got caught on a sand bar and stalled the motor. The current then pushed the boat into the pier.

The collision did not cause any structural damage to the pier.

I do not know Vog but he sounds like someone who knows what he is talking about on the articles he comments on. He enjoys a little fun and sarcasm from time to time also. Lighten up

But somebody has to tell it like it is and be done with all the political correctness. Keep your rose colored glasses on if you wish.

• ChefnSurf says:

… that you seem to have such a strong opinion about not wanting someone else to have an opinion. Some might even find that to be just a tad “idiotic”.

:-)

• Vog46 says:

Oh wow _ I must have missed out on that one.
    Are they for cancer awareness with no mention of cancer on them? (I heard they were REAL Cheap these days)
    Maybe the tee shirts are emblazoned with “Pickey’s Parade Busters”???

Oh, they just have “IDIOT” on them?
    I’ll take one too……..got it in XLarge?

Vog

• JohnnyJ says:

I just want to be your VOG.

• SurfCityTom says:

why are you taking shots at moi? Not to fear, your June entitlements will be loaded for you on Friday. You can go back to your burrow until the end of June.

• Pooting Bear says:

I just want to close my eyes. I just one to close my VOG.

• Wanda says:

My favorite color is red.

• Oriental Express says:

My VOG itches.

• Analyst says:

Why did the VOG cross the road? To get to the other VOG. Oooohhhhh Hehehehe. I speak VOG.

• Tuna Fish and Rice says:

VOG rhymes with lamb. I’m a lamb, in a parallel universe or did I really mean parallel uniVOG? That’s not funny. Or is it? hmmmmm… Now I’m hungry.

• Koo Koo for coco puffs says:

So so sad when things like this happen. It’s like, when a little lamb gets his hoof stuck in a crack. And must use his pocket knife to cut off his leg. Then walk ten miles to the nearest road to flag down a car. Instead of taking him to the hospital, he eats him for dinner. So so sad…. poor boat, poor pier, poor VOG.

• Hello Kitty says:

My brother once had a VOG stuck to his left buttox cheek. We didn’t know if it was serious so we took him out back and pressure washed it off. We sent the VOG to the lab and, thank goodness it came back negative for all serious diseases but was positive for dingleberry-itus. Now he just washes more.

• calc guy says:

My calculator needs a battery. Ooops. Sorry, its solar powered. Like VOG.

• Cheese Head says:

VOG, VOG. Va Va VOG. Ha Ha Va Va, Va Va VOG. He He, Ha Ha, Va Va, VOG. Do Do, Da Da, Va Va VOG. You You, Ya Ya, Va Va VOG. Ti Ti, Ta Ta, Va Va VOG. That’s a wrap. Record it, Love it, Sing it, Hug it. Word to your Mother. I’m out. Got to get me a diggitty Dog.

• Tisha says:

That sounds serious.

Give credit to “The Stooges” for that line.

• Wilmington Observer says:

If one is classisified an “idiot” for having an opinion, about current events, then sign me up and pass me my tee shirt. I’ll, proudly, wear it.

Wilmington Observer

• Vog46 says:

And your point is?
    BTW the important thing is the UI dot the D or B in front of it.

Vog

• Guest_Bull_Isht says:

Hey Wardo, go easy on Vog… He’s a civil and decent person and a refreshing addition to this board, otherwise we’d be completely dominated by the pontifications of SC Tom and the venom of guesty.

• Vog46 says:

On another web site indicates the operator was charged with DWI.

No, say it isn’t so !
    Not on a holiday weekend – the kick off to summer.
    Oh the horror……….
    So since he’s a boater – does he get charged for violating the 200 foot pier stand off distance?
    He impacted both fishing and surfing…….
    One has to wonder about these things.
    Vog

• Wardo says:

Vog, do you have a life? I mean seriously you comment on every article trying to be cute and FYI you dont get a DWI on a boat its a BUI and it has no impact on your drivers license

• Greenie says:

Kinda makes you wonder why you don’t have to obtain a license for a boat. As a boat owner for many years, I have had my share of “sphincter moments” on the water, but experience is the key to a desirable outcome. Someone could have been hurt. Bet that guy is a eye doctor that lives in Fayetteville, and takes his boat out three times a year.

…somebody on-board yelled “Hey ya’ll, watch this!”