Officer injured after police chase

Tags: , ,

Submitted: Thu, 07/04/2013 - 2:52am
Updated: Fri, 07/05/2013 - 12:53pm

WHITEVILLE, NC (WWAY) — A Whiteville police officer was injured after a car chase.

Officers were called to the Cook apartment complex located on W. Burkhead St. and Martin Luther King Avenue by Deondra Johnson. She had an altercation with her boyfriend Dashad Deleon Maultsby earlier in the day.

Maultsby took her rental car without permission after assaulting her in Chadbourn.

Police arrived on scene and attempted to stop the vehicle. They pursued the vehicle until the driver lost control and hit a pole at the corner of Legion Drive and W. Virgil Street. The suspects then fled on foot.

Andre Shipman ran into the woods and was being chased by detective Scott Moody. As the detective grabbed Shipman, he stepped into a hole and badly injured his left leg. Moody was transported to Columbus Regional Hospital for treatment.

Dashad Maultsby was caught almost immediately because his over-sized pants fell to his ankles; restricting him from running. Mautlsby is charged with Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, Assault on a female, Felony fleeing to elude arrest, and resisting arrest.

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground. Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground.

• Vog46 says:

“Dashad Maultsby was caught almost immediately because his over-sized pants fell to his ankles; restricting him from running.”

Sweet Jesus that is too funny.
    I can envision all sorts of ……….whoops this is a family atmosphere blog – I’d better not……

Vog

• Guest Vader says:

In the famous words of Roscoe P. Coltrane (Dukes of Hazzard)…”I love it, I love it, I love it”!! I can just see this hood rat rolling on the ground with his pants around his ankles. I needed a good laugh today and this is it!!!! (I LOVE IT!)

• :))))) oh the press..... says:

Wonder who this is??? Lol u tell I’m girl!

• Cop's wife says:

This article is not accurate! My husband was lead on this chase and the facts are misrepresented in this article. While funny, they are NOT true. Not sure where the information came from but the officer and detective should have been interviewed before being released.

• Boris says:

This guy used a car as a weapon, why isn’t there an outcry from the leftist media about “car violence?”

We need an automatic car ban. Only allow manual transmissions.

• DONKA says:

That’s why they wear those pants like that. To have easy access in jail and advertise it to everyone!! Grab your ankles when you hook up with your new boyfriends in jail loser!!