1 Comments for this article

Tags: , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A Wilmington firefighter was sent to the hospital after battling a house fire at 1504 Nunn Street Saturday morning.

The firefighter’s foot went through the floor, according to Wilmington Fire Department Public Information Officer David Hines. The firefighter left the hospital later Saturday with sprained ligaments. The firefighter should be able to return to duty within the next 10 days.

No one was in the house during the time of the fire, but there was a mattress in one bedroom. A fire investigator said the fire was caused by accident from improperly discarded smoking material.

Damages are estimated at $50,000.

Comment on this Story

Related News

14 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Fire sparks at home undergoing renovations downtown
Read More»
1 day ago
0 Comments for this article
Fire crews: Food left unattended on stove sparked fire
Read More»
3 weeks ago
0 Comments for this article
WFD responds to two overnight fires
Read More»