ONLY ON 3: Groups quiet about local violence holding Trayvon Martin rallies Saturday

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Submitted: Sat, 07/20/2013 - 3:05am
Updated: Sun, 07/21/2013 - 2:06am

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The not guilty verdict in the trial of George Zimmerman has spawned nationwide protests and rallies. This weekend peace rallies in Trayvon Martin’s name will be held here in our area.

So we asked why the groups organizing the events were not so vocal after a few local murders and the recent rash of violence in Wilmington.

The New Hanover County Chapter of the NAACP and the group No Covers are joining the cause, hosting a peace rally in Martin’s name Saturday at 5 p.m. at the 1898 Memorial downtown on N. 3rd St.

“We have a problem with black males being extinct, their lives being meaningless,” Daawud El-Amin of No Covers said. “So we are going to use this to say, ‘You’re mad at Zimmerman, but what about your brother?'”

Yet, there have been several local murder cases over the last few years, and these organizations have seemed to keep a low profile about the violence. So we posed the question why murders like that of Chinese delivery driver Zhen Bo Liu and CFCC student Joshua Proutey did not provoke groups like No Covers to host a rally.

“We went on record for having a talk show about those murders and condemning those responsible,” he said.

We asked the New Hanover County NAACP where it was during the recent rash of violence in Wilmington.

“Our mission statement is to end political, educational and social discrimination,” president Deborah Dicks Maxwell said.

One person has been killed during this summer’s shootings in the Port City: Jeffrey Henry, who like Martin was 17 and black.

El-Amin says although Martin’s death happened in Florida, its effects transcend borders.

“It has everything to do with us, because now we’re saying it’s ok to pursue an unarmed person walking home and it’s OK to pursue him and shoot him and actually murder him,” El-Amin said.

Another prayer vigil and rally for Martin is scheduled for Saturday at 2 p.m. in front of the Brunswick County Courthouse in Bolivia.

Addressing the recent rash of local violence, Brunswick County churches are joining together Monday to host a meeting about what they can do to make a positive impact.

• Guestomfg says:

All I have to say on this subject is, Martins Mother said her son was just a scared little boy that night. SO why didnt he RUN the 300 feet to his Dads or call 911 seems he had a phone in his hand? He went back and confronted Zimmerman, proceeded to beat Zimmerman and got killed. Stupid is as stupid does.

• Guesttseug says:

Photo: You won’t recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy’s peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty…too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless. My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder. I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation’s history, but the media doesn’t care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me – so he doesn’t care and the media doesn’t care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots. There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller – I no longer have my life. So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.

• Jay Roo says:

If you was approached in the street would you run ? Should you have to run when your in your own neighborhood minding your own business ? If we allow this judgment to pass without a fight this sets a prescedent that all blacks should run when anybody says boo to them. This is not going to happen. Blacks are already treated like a second class citezen in this country as it is even though this country was built on our backs.
    Bottom line here, Zimmerman was told to stand down and he persued Travon Martin knowing he had a concealed weapon. Certainly Zimmerman should not be absolved of all guilt and given his weapon back. Is he not guilty of anything ???

• 410 says:

” Permit me to say, but if the community is gated, then surely everyone behind those gates are supposed to be there????”

If the people are behind the closed gate/locked door/closed store then they have the right to be there. That is what you are saying is it not? If so then keep this in mind. The next time you happen to find someone in your locked house (hope that it never happens), and before you call the police. Think back to your post that you made on this story. Place the phone back down, or press end on your cell phone and come to grasp with the fact, (in your own mind) that they have the right to be there because they are behind the locked door.

• stop crying says:

Blacks have been terrorized by whites since the beginning of time. Stop crying when you experience the same violence or injustices blacks face everyday. There’s never justice when the enemy wears the badges, carry gov. issued weapons, sit on the bench, and on the jury. No “white panthers” lol….the were called the kkk, remember? Stop crying already. Pres. Bush called black Americans refugees during hurricane katrina. I didn’t hear you mention that. Obama wasn’t being racist, he was simply relating. How about the ” don’t re- nigg ” comments made during the re election days, why not mention that? He experiences racism too you see. You need to stop addressing issues that effect ONLY you, and know you aren’t the only victim here.

• Buddha says:

Thank you for saying what need to be said.

If Martin was such a great person, someone who never caused any trouble and in fact, almost angelic, then who beat the h*** out of Zimmerman and if Martin was on the ground with Zimmerman on top of him why wasn’t there any of Zimmerman’s blood all over Martin? Gravity pulls downward and you can be positive if Zimmerman was on top Martin would have been covered with blood. That fact right there is what made my decision against Zimmerman not guilty. You people just look for something to march about. I wish the media would stop encouraging this mess and let it go.

• aysha says:

May God the Creator of all forgive you all, for your remarks.
    Please ask for this even if you feel you’ve said nothing wrong.

Do you really know this young man’s and his heart on that night?

This case aside many of you by your comments seem to have a negative perception of blacks. Please heal your hearts and minds or else when you die will these words and attitudes may condemn you? Please seek a open and Christ-like heart, for the sake of your own souls and don’t become defensive by this please.

“I don’t stand for black man’s side, I don’t stand for white man’s side, I stand for God’s side.”
    ― Bob Marley

• Annoyed says:

While this story is definitely a really sad situation, perhaps the family of this victim should have gone above and beyond like the family of Treyvon Martin. The reason you see his face on t-shirts and all over television is because his mother and father were relentless in the pursuit of their son’s killer, and made a point of not letting people forget what happened to their son something that any mother and father would do. I think that if Zimmerman felt so threatened by this young man then perhaps he should have heeded the suggestion of the 911 operator and not gotten out of his vehicle and pursued him. Since when is it ok for you to approach someone and when that someone is getting the best of you physically (if that’s what really happened) you shoot them. I find it hard to believe that a 17 year old boy was able to completely over power Zimmerman to the point that he was forced to use deadly force. There were so many different actions that could have been taken that it is difficult to see how this was the best choice.

• Future Conservative says:

Oh no, another person that only sees color in this case. I would debate you on the facts of the case, but for some reason I believe you don’t care about reality.

• Ever-vigilant says:

He did not run b/c this is not the Jim Crow south!! Ok, so once he ran and then was shot in the back, then what would you propose? It’s amazing how you can fill in the blanks of what occurred that night. Maybe your preconceived notions and racist assumptions helped you with these “facts”. I wonder if this were a white teen that were murdered, if you would have the same sentiments? I am sure this argument would be a little different; maybe more than just a little. Have you considered the fact that maybe this jack *ss should have stayed in his vehicle? Did you question that? You are very callous in your words. I’m thinking that you probably felt the children at Sandy Hook Elementary should have attempted to run home too? What I know is that sympathy has bounds and these boundaries are usually marked by race. This fact is fine as no one needs your sympathy nor seeks it. You are a fool at best.

• Monkey Junction says:

The law in Florida reads you can stand your ground when confronted by another individual. It was the legal justification for Zimmerman being found not guilty. Why in the world cannot Martin stand his ground but Zimmerman can? Instead of calling people stupid who stand their ground, you should look up the information from this case.

What would have happened if Martin had a gun and shot and killed Zimmerman? Would that be considered standing your ground? All Martin would have to say is that a strange man confronted him and that he feared for his life.

• guest97531 says:

should put on a white robe and hood and march beside them, show them something they would never forget, how stupid they really are

• YL says:

” If I were approached in the street” as you say, yes, I would run- AWAY not towards the threat. Furthermore, I would have been calling 911 on my phone. Trayvon Martin had 4 minutes to run to safety but instead chose to backtrack and confront George Zimmerman. And he threw the first punch according to his friend Rachel Jeantel.

It was a tragedy and we all wish it had not happened. But don’t bring race into this as it only foments hate and anger. Racism will always exist because it is a HUMAN condition born out of ignorance and hate and not a White condition. There are black racists, too. We fight racism where it occurs and rightly so but don’t make something racist when it isn’t.

I’m SO tired of the race and victim card- it’s overplayed and is used to shut down honest debate. (And btw, I’m a female minority). It does a disservice to those involved when true racism occurs. And address the issue of the fact that the majority of black deaths were and are at the hands of other blacks, not whites. Address the issues facing the black community ( eg children without fathers, lack of strong family values of hardwork, perseverance and personal responsibility). Address the fact that Jessie Jackson himself has said that if he hears footsteps behind him and finds that they belong to white teens and not blacks, he breathes a sigh of relief.

And Zimmerman was advised by a 911 operator not to follow and according to testimony and evidence, he was headed back to his car. A 911 operator advice does not carry the weight of a legal order by a police officer. So, please, stop with the misinformation.

If the NAACP want to get involved in this protest, then next time a white person here gets shot or jumped, let’s bring in the KKK and have a rally. What’s fair for one group is fair for the other.

The NAACP is a joke. What happended when Joshua Proutey got killed by black people over a stupid sandwich and $10? NOTHING! Zhen Bo Lui? NOTHING! Do you know why? Because we cope with things, and move on. People are so quick to pull the race card these days, makes me sick on my stomach. Search “Rally in Akron for Trayvon Martin” on you tube, and find the gentleman wearing the stealers hat and smoking a cigar… That’s real talk coming from a black man himself.

• Guest from bladen Charles Lennon says:

Thanks for asking this question. It should have been asked by the national media a long time ago. The national media fanned this racial reaction by running the story about “unarmed black child stalked and shot by white Hispanic “. If he was a child, why was he out alone at 1:30 am? If he was a child, why did he have “weed” in his system. This was a private gated community. Any person of any race would be treated with suspicion if he walked around at that time of night. El Amin’s statement that “we are saying that it’s ok to pursue an unarmed person walking home and it’s OK to pursue him and shoot him and actually murder him,” is a total distortion of the situation designed to incite a riot. The neighborhood watch was watching the neighborhood . Zimmerman had every right to check Martin out and follow him until he left the gated community or kept moving toward his uncle’s house. Martin’s decision to confront Zimmerman and his failure to explain to Zimmerman that he was going to his uncle’s house only increased Zimmerman’s belief that he was up to no good. This killing was not about race. It is about politicians and African American “leaders” showing how they will twist the truth to advance their agenda. It’s about news media making a huge story out of what would have been an unfortunate story about fight in which a neighborhood watchman had to shoot a young man in self defense. That’s what the Sanford police said before the Media blew it out of proportion. That’s what the jury said. Any reasonable person would have to agree.

• American says:

Why hasn’t the news media shown a recent picture of Trayvon Martin with the tatoos on his face and hands people change from the time they were 12yrs old to 17 let the public hear the truth not what you want us to hear…….

• Gate Keeper says:

Hey AY, this is so well written and a great point. Please take the time to run this by the organizers and ask them point blank why this is so and do they acknowledge any of the irony pointed out in this post, any at all. Then ask them why they feel black on other race crime is acceptable, it seems to me they feel it is due to the lack o empathy they showed to the two men you mentioned to those wise leaders.

• Boris says:

So, in your confused liberal logic, Travyon had the right to “stand his ground” but not Zimmerman? LOL! You people better wake up, you pick a fight with the wrong guy on a rainy night you might get shot for it. Kind of like how the black gangs do. WE HAVE A BLACK VIOLENCE PROBLEM NOT A GUN VIOLENCE PROBLEM!

Said he should have run…

• gramps1945 says:

Trayvon Martin had a history of violence, and racism, against whites. He was mugging the man, bashing his head against a sidewalk.

But, that’s normal. At least four whites are killed, and at least 200 are mugged, and seriously injured, by blacks, in this area, each year

This was the one time, out of 5000, that the white victim managed to get a good lick in, and keep from being seriously injured or killed.

• Annoyed says:

It is comments like “you people” that adds fuel to the fire. I mean can you be any more disrespectful? Wait, don’t answer that because I’m almost certain that you could.

• Irish1 says:

Race relations in this country is in a mess. But who is really perpetuating the problem? I have no idea what it is like to be black in America and I keep that in mind and I understand that I don’t know. But here is what I do know. With a situation as serious as racism, to throw it around without it actually being racism .. Time after time … that makes you the racist. The black community has a serious leadership problem. As young black males are being murdered at an alarming rate, they only address the very few times that a life is taken when the shooter is white. I am not naive enough to think that on occasion it is racially motivated … and when it is … I have no issue with that conversation. But anybody who will just read the 911 transcription can see that this was not a race issue. In the few days after the shooting I thought that maybe it was … as I, along with the rest of the nation was led to believe it was … because only excerpts of that 911 call were reported. I have a dream … I have a dream that one day the media and African American leadership will view the world by its actual actions … and not by the color of its skin. And it should start with you Mr. President … You know … 8 years ago if I thought Jimmy Carter was a bad president, I was a Republican … if I thought Bill Clinton was a bad president I was a Republican … but if I think Barack Obama is a bad president I’m a racist … I find it insulting

Where was the NAACP when a white man was attacked by 3 black males in Northern Mississippi for no reason except for in the name of Tryvon Martin? this crap is getting old. He was found not guilty by a court of law.

Men beat jogger in retaliation of Zimmerman verdict

This happened in Northern Mississippi. If this is not a hate crime, I don’t know what is.

• GuestReality says:

You should send this to Obama and all the MAJOR news media. Antonio’s story needs to be heard.

My Fellow Americans, AND Folks of Wilmingtion..
    Where is the “Justice” & Marches For the Chinese Delivery Driver..
    OR
    The Marches For Josh Pardoy?

Or Marches OR “Justice” for the Young 13 Month Old SHOT Dead in the Face, While in a Stroller, (Brunswick, Ga), ALL Occuring Recently?

I Myself; Including MANY here in Wilmington AND ElseWhere, ARE TIRED, of the so-called **RACE CARD** Being Played in AMERICA Today..
    .THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY & SUPPORT While trying FURTHER THEIR OWN AGENDA!
    This is to Our, “Folks of Color”, In addition; Those Whom have White Guilt Here in ILM.. It is time for EVERY-ONE OF YOU, to look deep into YOUR SOUL, While looking in the MIRROR, and Realise, the Black Community,Also OUR Community as a Whole “”Here AND in the Nation/World”, are Being played! Much like PUPPETS on a string, by Schemers Whom have a AGENDA to Further their Own Power & Money/Lifestyle.
    While BLACK MEN, YOU, MY FELLOW MALES; YOU, My FELLOW AMERICANS; need to *step-up*, your GAME, being a FATHER,MOTHER While Also being a Mentor, Guiding Your Childern in the RIGHT Direction of Education, Morals & Culture, Instead of getting Women Pregnant, having Children Out of Wedlock, Leaving them; with-out a MENTORING, STRONG Father Figure,(Or Parent), in the Home. Letting the *CULTURE*, of Glorified Rap/Violence/Killing/Drug Dealing & Degradation/ of ALL Women, (with-in YOUR Culture),take over OUR YOUTH, that Premeates OUR Socitey Today..

You; The LOCAL Black Community, You want someone to *Look-up to*? I’m NOT talking about Mike Jordan Either.. Look NO FURTHER, (I’m looking @ YOU SIR), A FAMILY MAN, That I happened to be LUCKY Enough to have as a Professor While attending BCC While taking a Computer networking class there.

His name? ,Ronald W. Sparks, former Wilmington, NC City Councilman. There Folks is a REAL FAMILY MAN, Even though, yes, He *May* have made a “mistake”, Look at HIS Background and Education, He has NOTHING, Givin to Him, YET, He pulled himself up BY His boot-straps and is SUCCESSFUL, Educated, W/STRONG Family Values. A ASSET to the Community as a Whole, a Model for EVERY BLACK MAN & Women to go by here in Wilmington.
    Though ONE of His “current” Shortcomings is NOT stepping UP to the Plate, addressing the REAL Problems in OUR Community TODAY, in particular, the CULTURE, that the Black Community has thrust themselves into, NOT by Whitey’s Hand, or Hispanics or Asains. They, have Themselves to Blame… AND the Race-Baiting/Card Playing MARXISTS Agititors stirring up Everyone Else..This includes even Our Own Commander & Theif, Whom can Inject Himself into a Local Case in Flordia, YET, cannot, Nor; Will Not address the the Black on Black VIOLENCE/KILLINGS going on in His own Backyard, Chicago!
    A FAMIOUS Movies line was once played Nation-wide.. (A Few Good Men),*** *You can’t handle the truth!
    [pauses]

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who’s gonna do it? You?****

With that being Quoted & Said..
    May I direct OUR Dear Readers to **THE TRUTH, AS TRUTH Has NO AGENDA!!
    Read the following Link(s) I provided…SEEK and READ The TRUTH..
    THINK for Yourselves, DO NOT BE another **SHEEP**…
    In commenting DIRECTLY to WWAY’s JOURNALIST(s),Take NOTE: It would Behoove YOU to Read the First Link(s) posted to see REAL reporting. AND the AGENDA Behing PORTRAYVON’s TRAGIC downwards Spiral into Culture/Thuggery/Drugs/thievery, and Ultimatly, HIS un-timley Death…

1. http://theconservativetreehouse.com/

2. http://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.com/

3. http://legalinsurrection.com/

With ALL the above being said, Folks of the Community, WHAT/WHOM, Or WHO’s AGENDA are you Marching for?
    Think Long & Hard Folk’s, YOUR very FREEDOM, LIBERTIES, AND the RULE of Law, (NOT *MOB RULE*), ARE AT STAKE!

Lastly, I’ll leave every one of the Member(s), of Our Communites with this famous quote, Long Forgotten…

On November 6, 1875, Hiram Revels, a Mississippi Republican and the first African-American U.S. Senator, wrote a letter to U.S. President Ulysses S. Grant that was widely reprinted. Revels denounced Ames and Northerners for manipulating the Black vote for personal benefit, and for keeping alive wartime hatreds:

Since reconstruction, the masses of my people have been, as it were, enslaved in mind by unprincipled adventurers, who, caring nothing for country, were willing to stoop to anything no matter how infamous, to secure power to themselves, and perpetuate it….. My people have been told by these schemers, when men have been placed on the ticket who were notoriously corrupt and dishonest, that they must vote for them; that the salvation of the party depended upon it; that the man who scratched a ticket was not a Republican. This is only one of the many means these unprincipled demagogues have devised to perpetuate the intellectual bondage of my people…. The bitterness and hate created by the late civil strife has, in my opinion, been obliterated in this state, except perhaps in some localities, and would have long since been entirely obliterated, were it not for some unprincipled men who would keep alive the bitterness of the past, and inculcate a hatred between the races, in order that they may aggrandize themselves by office, and its emoluments, to control my people, the effect of which is to degrade them.

Again, To WHO’s/WHOM AGENDA are you Marching too?
    Don’t Be SHEEP!

• GuestReality says:

If I was approached on the street would I run? Hell yes! Even in my own neighborhood? Hell yes! My Mama didn’t raise no fool. You can get shot, white or black, in your own neighborhood or someone else’s. In fact, I would be more leery in someone else’s neighborhood and quicker to run. Travon should have been too.

If blacks want to stop being treated like second class citizens, then STOP with the almighty race card! White folks are sick to death of hearing it! If blacks want to stop being treated like second class citizens, then get off Social Services, get a job, stay out of the gangs, quit killing each other over drug deals, and quit multiplying like rabbits on my dime. Oh yes, and quit blaming whites for everything bad that happens to you when you have your own freedom of choice.

America was built on your ANCESTOR’s back…not yours, and your ancestor’s were brought here because opposing tribes in Africa knowingly sold them into slavery. How many great, great, great grandfather’s ago was that? You’re an AMERICAN now. Your African roots were severed many hundreds of years ago. You can’t move into the present if you keep holding so tight onto the past.

I have no doubt, with the President of United States going after him, that Zimmerman will eventually be found guilty of something, even if it’s in civil court. But our legal system determined that he is NOT guilty of murder or even manslaughter. He can’t be tried twice for the same crime. Like it or not, the jury found him not guilty because of the evidence presented. There was no malice in their hearts. Their verdict was based purely on the evidence.

This is nothing but a hate stirring rally,,what about the killing of Joshua Proutey,he was unarmed sitting in his car eating and was pursued by four black teenage thugs that should be charged with a hate crime,they set out to rob,as they said a white person,and he did not ask to be murdered,yes it is sad that TM was killed,but he had the option to call 911 and let someone know he was being followed,he chose to tell his friend he was being followed by a white ass cracker and he was going to go mma on his a–,,her words on the witness stand,,people are wanting to make TM out to be some kind of angel when in reality he was living the life of a thug,that is why he was having to live where he was at because his mother could not handle him anymore,Time for the whites to hold a peaceful rally and seek justice for JP,,his murder was a hate crime and the authority’s are scared to add that charge because they don’t want to upset the black leaders,,BS,,

I can understand why black folks want to be equal. I don’t blame them a bit. However, when they support a thug like Trayvon Martin, who was the aggressor who ambushed and beat another person, they don’t seem to understand that by backing someone like this, they are setting their cause back years. If it had been two blacks involved or the black had killed the white,Hispanic, or whatever, the case would have been closed. I think many in the black community feel the same and are pretty much getting fed up with the trouble makers.

• america says:

hold a rally. no one is stopping you

YOU know what was in either of their hearts that night? The only HATE going on right now is in the black community, THAT’s why we are talking about it. Whites aren’t marching in the streets, blocking traffic and being violent. Neither are Hispanics.

in your own mind are you being “terrorized”. YOU, sir, are the problem the black community has! Want to know the difference. Let the KKK stand at voting areas and intimidate voters and see what happens! Holder would have them tossed in jail lickity split! As a white male, I can ASSURE you I know what racism and discrimination are!

but the facts did show that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. According to Obama, yes both Trayvon and Sandy Hook children should have fled their attacker. He stated that yesterday!

• 410 says:

I agree with you. Step up and take care of one another. Stop blaming everyone else for your issues. YOUR ARE WHERE YOU ARE, BECAUSE OF NO ONE BUT YOUR SELF! Besides lets think about this. Yes, there are groups that are way out in left field somewhere and do not speak for the the race as a whole. Ask your self this, who are the people that keep telling you that you are being discriminated against? With out them keeping you in your place as a victim all the time, they would be out of a job. The place where they earn their money. You think white people are trying to keep you down. Take a look at who really gains by “keeping” you where you are. By their own argument, how does the white race gain anything by keeping you in your current place, at a time when there is no money in the Federal and/or State government to keep you in “check”. It would help everyone out for EVERYONE to work. This is to everyone, I don’t care what color you are. Get off the governments dime and go make your own. Stop having so many kids with out thinking about the impact it will have on you, your family, and community. Start respecting everyone else, however do not think that you will be respected right out of the gate, how you treat someone is how (most if the time) you will be treated. Mothers and fathers, step up and out in to your community and start taking back the streets and clean them up. We have made this mess, we need to clean it up, but do not expect help from anyone out side your community to do it for you. YOU HAVE GOT TO WANT IT. Simply saying you want change is not going to do anything. You want to be treated like an adult then start acting like it and stop being sheep for people who say they have your best interest in mind. When all they do is tell you that whitey is out to get you. What does that fix? Nothing! Stay in school, then go on to higher learning. I’m not saying that things are not broke, but if all you do is complain about them, how is it going to be fixed? Lets all help fix our country. On a side note you are not (Place your race here)-Americans, no more then I am British-American. We are Americans stop trying to further drive a wall between us.

• Annoyed says:

This is the best comment that I’ve read on this whole issue. Thanks a million for bringing to light what so many seem to leave in the dark.

• tweety13 says:

It’s your right.Should you get it organized people would come Black,White,Hispanic.Stop talking about it,make it happen.Had you listen to his parents they have stated he wasn’t a saint, but he did have the right to go to the store come home without be followed by a stranger.Most forget if Zimmerman had stayed in the car the murder wouldn’t have happen.Even if had the need to follow him he could have stayed in his car.Everyone has there opinion on the subject.The bottom line he was racially profile follow and was shot dead.One questioned had it been you and you saw the gun like Zimmerman said would you not fight for your life.Should it happen to you or someone you know let us know her it turnout.Agin if you make it happen people will come.

• So says:

First of all; Big kudos to Cacky Catlett/WWAY for asking a rational question that this reader/commenter rarely hears in the establishment media. Very refreshing after all of these years of observing media group-think.

Second – We should all be asking ourselves another question. The Martin Family has stated through their attorneys that this tragedy was not about race. The Florida prosecutors stated this case had nothing to do with race. So we are left asking ourselves, if the deceased family and the prosecution has gone on record stating this is not about race, why are so many others, from government officials such as Obama and Holder to talking heads on most establishment media outlets to simple observers commenting on sites such as this one, still attempting to insert race into this case? Truthfully answer that question and you will find the real guilty parties are and more importantly most of us that are only interested in the facts are the true victims.

Third – Just how many more Duke Lacrosse/Zimmerman cases must we endure before we begin to understand that the establishment media and other self-interested parties interjecting their own prejudices into cases before we have all the facts, is asinine and certainly not a substitute nor a reasonable path for justice for all?

Fourth – The lesson I hope our young adults will take away from this tragic event is that assaulting someone can lead to some very serious consequence. Assaulting someone does not only impact the person committing the assault and the person assaulted. Unfortunately, as we have witnessed in the Martin case, committing assault, also severely impacts families, loved-ones of all the parties involved in this case. The Martin family are naturally devastated while the Zimmerman family now has to endure death threats. The sheriff was unjustly fired. The jurors are in hiding, fearing for their lives simply for doing their civic duty. And on and on it goes. All of those left behind must now painfully try to carry on with their lives because of an irrational decision that Mr. Martin could have avoided by simply continuing to walk home rather than irrationally choosing to initiate a violent confrontation. We can have all the demonstrations we want, but until parents teach their children that violence is not a solution, sadly nothing is going to change.

• Barry Batchelor says:

just wondering? the shooting continues, in this town and apparently nationwide, black on black.

I am sorry to disagree with the lady from the NAACP but I think this is another attempt to a shakedown. She was asked a question and diverted her answer.

I want to know, should these kids who killed the delivery driver, Chinese, be charged as a hate crime? What about the white kid killed in his car downtown by what and for what> Being white and having a car and perhaps a wallet? Until the black community helps curb the violence in their own community, there will be no credibility or sympathy from the middle class white or for that matter the middle class black and other ethnic members of Wilmington.

Apparently the mission statement of the local NAACP is for the benefit of the few who bow down and kiss the ring, not conform and try to benefit no one but themselves. Her answer, or non answer spoke volumes to the intent and purpose of their organization.

Credibility has worn thin, Political correctness has worn thin. Say what you mean, but mean what you say. Time for the BullS**t to cease and the cowtowing to a camera to cease also. White or Black or whatever.

Not only that, they put it beside the most tough-looking picture they can find of Zimmerman. The media, like the politicians, have abandoned the citizens of America. They, like the politicians, don’t care what is right. They only care about furthering their agenda. I like to keep up with what is going on in the world, but watching the news, (not WWAY) gets me so irritated that I just can’t anymore. That goes for mainstream media and Fox News.

• Guest19855 says:

Hmmm no rallies for all the black on black crime but a black thug killed by someone close to being white and everyone wants to “come together” smells like a load of crap to me. Seems like they are just looking for another excuse …

• Guesttoo says:

Thank you for a well written synopsis of this event. The only thing I’ll add is that the jurors themselves said this wasn’t about race.

Why on earth this person a rallying point when other travesties are ignored is beyond me.

Aside from this incident, here’s a message to young, black males. To get the respect that you want, quit shooting and killing each other first. How is anyone supposed to respect you when you can’t even find it in yourselves to respect each other? Gangs? They’re for weak-minded people that can’t think for themselves…but that’s for any race.

• Di says:

Don’t forget about Eve Carson. UNC student body president killed by blacks.

And quit your crying.

• Keenen Altic says:

There is no detail in this wway story.

• Keenen ALtic says:

Who are you calling a “black thug”? It was Zimmerman on trial not Trayvon, but the Judge, jury and Zimmerman lawyers turned it into a trial on Trayvon.

• Keenen Altic says:

A case of robbery is different than a case that wasn’t a robbery. Stupid people.

My thoughts exactly!

• Ginger says:

I agree with you.Not every issue is a Black or White issue. Both Martin and Zimmermann were at fault.They both share the guilt in what happened.Martin reacted like a immature 17 year old boy would react.Zimmerman over-reacted. The Black race blames everything one the whites because it is easier than admitting they are to blame.I live in a predominantly BLACK neighborhood,mostly section 8; welfare; drugs single mothers with 4,5,6, kids all different dads…Stop blameing the whites and take a good look at yourself. LIFE IS WHAT you MAKE for YOURSELF.

We have no one standing up for the hate crime against white people. It doesn’t make sense that black people can go around targeting white people to rob and they aren’t plastered on the news like Treyvon was. That they can kill a kid that just got off work and was walking to his car with his dinner and robbed him for his sandwich and $10 dollars, shot him and took the $ they stole from him and put gas in their car. DISGUSTING EXCUSES FOR HUMAN BEINGS! Josh was a wonderful Christian kid and didn’t deserve to die. He had so much potential and love for the world. It’s just not fair that these thugs are alive and he died for nothing.

• NC Sunshine says:

No disrespect to you, as it is your opinion, but this is ridiculous:” This was a private gated community. Any person of any race would be treated with suspicion if he walked around at that time of night.” Permit me to say, but if the community is gated, then surely everyone behind those gates are supposed to be there????

Even if it is not about race, Zimmerman said out of his own mouth that he appeared suspicious because of his race coupled with the fact that Tryvon appeared to not be a familiar face to him so he calls the police and this is the shocker- his civic duty ended there! Once he continued his rouge crusade against the local police’s wishes by continuing to pursue Treyvon, he knew that his intent was no longer about what was best for his community, but his intent was more keenly focused upon his own theory as to who should be outdoors and in his neighborhood at that time of night.

Since when is it okay to gain permission from a perfect stranger as to your whereabouts? Since when is it okay to kill a child ( a minor is anyone under the age of 18) based upon a suspicion? Since when is it okay to condone desensitized behavior towards the snuffing out of a child’s life?

Wake up, it may not have been about race, which I personally believe that it is, but regardless, it was about the loss of life and how people in general simply devalue this concept: You neither created life nor should you be so callous as to take it away, when there is an alternative way to handle the situation. Despite the outcome, justice was not served, and this young man lays in the ground cold and dead!

While I may agree to some extent that this is political propoganda, as I anticipate that this nation will become keenly aware of various gun laws changing, more restrictive means being utilized with regard to traveling within the US, as well as other restraints being implemented regarding certain “perceived freedoms”, simply because the media is controlled and quite frankly maintains a systematic biased way to reporting of events.

In closing, had Zimmerman simply made the call and went back home, the most that would have occurred would have been that Treyvon would still be alive and Zimmerman would be living his life without threats! In the end this tragedy proved to be blatantly apparent to all Black people that to some our lives are in senseless peril on a daily basis, simply because the laws are not designed to protect us and more important because we continue to live…

• YL says:

Keenan- it wasn’t just a robbery, it was murder of Proutley and the Chinese driver.

And calling others stupid people is a reflection of YOU and undermines your credibility.

• YL says:

Blacks have been terrorized by other BLACKS. Blacks sold blacks from captured rival tribes into slavery.

I’m not white, but I am SO sick of many blacks pointing fingers at “whitey” for their ills. When you point a finger at someone, three more are pointing right back at you! Try introspection.

And btw, your victimization and race cards have expired.

• tweety13 says:

German Propaganda ……..

• confused1 says:

Thank you WWAY for asking the tough questions! Of course it is the usual idiotic responses by the perpetuators of victimization that follow your questions.

Oh and this is really going to help race relations in the Port City. These people are doomed and they still do not realize it.

• america says:

those of you questioning why other crimes have not had rallies: hold a rally. those of you who did not attend today’s rally: there was no “hate-stirring.” and folks equating the NAACP with the KKK need to reexamine their thought processes. please post comments about how we can end racism, end the violence, and learn to live together. post that. peace to all.

I knew Daawud several years ago and I must say that I am rather disappointed in his take on this. He is so very capable of thinking for himself, but seems to be going with the flow on this one. He is better than that.

“Our mission statement is to end political, educational and social discrimination,” In other words, we don’t care how much violence black people bring upon other people. We only stir the pot when we perceive a wrong to a black person by a non-black person.

• Doggystyle says:

If you missed the news coverage we’re here to fill you in.

A neighborhood watch man, an adult carrying a concealed weapon, shot and killed an unarmed teenage boy and was just found not-guilty by a jury after two days of deliberations.

“I just want to say thank you to the people who believed in me, who stood by me,” [the shooter] said following the verdict. “I still have my regrets for the [young boy’s] family; it’s still an unfortunate situation for them. I am happy that at least this chapter is over.”
    As deliberations dragged on over two days and the jury asked for testimony to be read back, [the shooter] admits he didn’t know how it would all turn out.
    “I was nervous of course,” he said. “You never know what direction this whole thing is going to turn, so I have no idea. But it worked out and I feel that justice (was) served today.”
    [The boy’s] family members say justice wasn’t served. They say [he] was murdered in cold blood, that he’d never been in trouble and [the shooter] acted as judge, jury and executioner.
    “The message is that we can all go out and get guns and feel anybody that we feel is threatening us and lie about the fact,” said [the boy’s] father. “My son never threatened anybody. He was a gentle child, his nature was gentle, he was a good person and he was never, ever arrested for anything, and has never been in trouble. He was 16 years and four months old, and he was slaughtered.”
    [The shooter] says he acted in self defense when he confronted [the boy]…

I’m shocked you missed President Obama’s statement when he found out about the shooting, “If the white half of me had a son he would have looked like Christopher Cervini.”

You might have even missed the uproar surrounding the Department of Justice having their Community Relations Services group in Rochester, NY organize demonstrations of white upstate New Yorkers demanding a special prosecutor be appointed to investigate this cold blooded murder of a gentle white boy by a black man wearing a hoodie.

Actually, I’m not shocked that you missed all that news since it wasn’t really news outside of Rochester, NY. Here’s a summary of what happened.

Scott says he acted in self defense when he confronted Cervini and two others saying they were stealing from neighbors cars. He told them he had a gun and ordered them to freeze and wait for police.
    Scott says he shot Cervini twice when the victim charged toward him yelling he was going to get Scott.
    Based on what I’ve been able to find, the jury reached the correct verdict in Scott’s case just as they did in the Zimmerman trial.

I can understand how Christopher Cervini’s dad could say what he said just like I can understand how Trayvon Martin’s parents can say what they say. It’s called “grief”. It’s also called “denial”.

I also understand why we haven’t heard a word from President Obama, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the NAACP or anything about expanded investigations from the Department of Justice.

That is called “hypocrisy”.

• Keenen Altic says:

The Judge and jury on the case against Zimmerman turned the prosecuter into the defendent. The arguments posed by Zimmerman’s lawyers were based on everything except the the circumstances present at the time of Trayvon’s murder. They demonized Trayvon as mixed martial artist who, at a previous time, may have been involved in some kind of altercation. That kind of argument is something that is to be thrown out by a real judge.

I’d appreciate wway as a valid news source if they sought out or allowed real reporting. Note for the censor: You get a marginal score if you even allow this reply to be posted.

Sincerly, Your neighborhood commie

If Zimmerman’s intention was to kill him, then he wouldn’t have called 9-1-1.

• Gina says:

The sad thing is it didn’t happen the way they are saying it happened. Zimmerman didn’t pursue him to kill him. I wonder how ignorant can they want to be. He was returning to his vehicle when Trayvon asked him did he have a problem, punched him in the nose and said you got one now. That is when the fight started. Trayvon started it.
    His parents are in it for fame and prob money. His father was on his way to marry his 4th wife, his 3rd wife said Trayvon stayed with them 80% of the time and didn’t even speak of his mother. This whole thing is a joke and once again the race hustlers and Obama, Eric gun runner Holder will end up with egg on their face. They are really this ignorant.
    Meanwhile a few more kids are dead in Chicago and many more are aborted.

• Ever-vigilant says:

Since apparently you are a concerned citizen, why don’t you do something about the “hoodlums shooting each other on the next block”? I know why, because you really aren’t concerned with that at all, you would much rather think you are in a position to tell Black people what they should and shouldn’t do. Funny, I’ve never needed white trash to tell me anything and since this is the case, I see no reason to listen to anything you have to say now or ever. As an aside, if it were not for Blacks bringing awareness to their own communities as it relates to crime, drugs, unemployment/under-employment, etc,. no one would know the gravity of these issues. This is not a new issue to us as you seem to imply. But what is important is the type and number of guns that are in Black neighborhoods and how drugs enter these communities. I believe in individuals being responsible for their actions; however it would be iniquitous to not examine the ideology behind the laws that lead to mass incarceration or a disproportional representation of minorities in the legal system. Have you ever heard of the prison industrial complex? However to speak to your intimation referencing Blacks not wanting to work, being that I am sure you are purporting to be white, which side of the argument are you on? Do you believe that Blacks do not want to work and are inherently lazy or that Blacks have taken all the jobs from good white folk via affirmative action? I would like to give you credit in knowing that it cannot be both, but that may be too generous an assumption.

With regard to Trayvon Martin, I take it that you are speaking from the stand point of truth since you were present at the crime scene the night of the murder? “His actions caused his death.” Really? I didn’t get the impression that you were clairvoyant. The jurors had “the facts”, which I am sure were their “version of facts”, assumptions, biases, prejudices, etc,. But, to their defense, we all have biases; however, we do not have the right to ignore justice based on these assumptions and biases. I digress. I’ve given you a very quick version of a rebuttal. I love social research. I urge that if you are going to make an argument, have your facts and research in order to support and substantiate your claims. If you want to have a debate about crime, race, and other social issues, I gladly accept. But I am confident it would be like bringing a knife to a gun fight, and you would have brought the knife. I do not like surface/superficial arguments and repetitive nonsense. If you choose to ignore empirical data and facts, then at least have an original thought. I further encourage you or rather extend the invitation for you to attend this rally and air your feelings there as you’ve so meagerly aired them on this medium. Thank you typical injured white person. Now, go “google” some statistics as I am sure you do not have access to any type of scholarly database.

• truthseeker says:

Go ahead, have a peace rally while the other hoodlums are shooting at each other on the next block. Trayvon was a hoodlum, plain and simple. His actions caused his death which a jury found to be true and ruled accordingly. The black community is always having some type rally but never a rally for get off your butt and get a job. Get off the street and finish your education. Get on the pill and prevent unwed mothers. The NAACP just a pawn to get the black community stirred up to ensure their leader has the funds to continue his own rascist and bigoted actions. Now who is going to participate in the rally. First and foremost liberal white people bleeding hearts. Then the regular mob of older black ladies and younger b/m’s with either afros or dreads. The rally accomplishes nothing, changes nothing and is a conduit for violence. So have your rally and when it is over go back to your crime infested neighborhood in your public housing residences until the next ALLEDGED incident occurs. Meanwhile continue to keep quiet when crime occurs, drugs are sold and people are hurt!

• Guestwho says:

It’s right to assemble, you know that constitution thingy.

Why is this being allowed to take place in this city? You know that this has nothing to do with ‘peace’ for Trayvon, but instigation by the NAACP to more civil unrest. That rally does not belong here. This type of thing is simply exacerbating the issue, because apparently, some black folk cannot read for themselves or think for themselves.

• CoastalJade says:

Huh?
    Was that ebonics?
    Time for more coffee…

• Guest Blue says:

you cause more harm too the blacks we have blacks shot here all the time but you say a damn thing about them but since the press and the othere ster it up because Mex shot him.Its sad when anybody dies,but he was in gated place he had no rite being and he started troube by fighting first the law was fare.

• Claudia Kell says:

I am quite sorry about the Chinese delivery driver & ALL the others who have died. Their deaths are indeed tragic! However, there are points in Trayvon Martin’s murder that need to be addressed: #1 profiling of black males , #2 The “Stand Your Ground Law” which is part of this & other tragedies, & #3 JUSTICE for the innocent.

Zimmerman was the one & only perpetrator in this. He purposefully set this tragedy in motion. Trayvon was not doing anything wrong & had every right to be there. As Americans we ALL need to stand up & say this is wrong & insist that things change. I was proud to stand with my Community today in the blazing sun to do just that, & will again!

• YL says:

Stand Your Ground law was not used in the trial. It was SELF DEFENSE. SYG simply states that if a person is threatened with bodily harm or possible death by a predator, he/ she does not have the duty to retreat. Retreating gives tactical advantage to the attacker ( ie your eyes are off your attacker and you cannot react as they can as they pursue you or are trying to shoot you or run you over).

This attack on the SYG law is absolutely bogus! Zimmerman was found not guilty based on self defense NOT Stand Your Ground. And by the way, a good number of blacks in FL benefited from the Stand Your Ground law when they were trying to protect themselves and/ or their families from criminals.

As an aside, if you were not aware, the NRA protected the rights of blacks to own firearms when the racist Democrats and the KKK, who worked together, tried to prevent that. Why? Because they didn’t want to get shot at by blacks trying to defend themselves and their families.

And just as Trayvon had a right to walk the street, so did Zimmerman.

Rally have, open honest debate and discussions, find solutions to the problems in the black community. But base it on facts, not emotions, hate and misinformation.

• Carrol Mick says:

Even though the attorneys and such said this was not about race it was the underlying message from this whole incident that makes it about race. Unless you walk a mile in the shoes of a person of color, especially dark skinned individuals, you will never understand the stress and the constant hyper-vigilance that they are under constantly. I think that one reason their are rallies spawning up after this trial and not as much for other similar situations because it was projected all over the country by the media. The Zimmerman trial has been highly visible therefore sparking interest in the injustice that was served.

• guest4223 says:

Black thug? Gangsta? Criminal? The only person who exhibited thuggish behavior in that whole sorry mess was George Zimmerman. I promise you that if the races were any other combination — Martin white and Zimmerman Asian, Martin Native American and Zimmerman Latino*, whatever — it wouldn’t be a media sensation and Zimmerman would be doing time. The rally was not merely to protest the Zimmerman verdict, it was to protest the “pre-emptive profiling” of black males as dangers to society merely for existing. Believe me, the protesters and the organizations that hosted the rally are very concerned about the local violence perpetuated upon the black community, whether it is “black on black” or interracial violence. They are in those areas of Wilmington and New Hanover County every single day, working with teenagers and their families through the churches, through the schools, through the neighborhoods, and with individuals and their family members, trying to help them cope with the violence around them and help them learn that there is another way besides violence to deal with their problems and issues.

For the producers of this segment to ask, essentially, “Why do you care about Martin but not about these kids killed in our own city?” is stunningly ignorant. It is inexcusable for them not to have even a baseline awareness of what groups like the NAACP, No Covers, the Blue Ribbon Commission on the Prevention of Youth Violence, and so many others do in our community every single day.

As for the comments saying that Martin must have been a “thug” because of his suspension from school, his suspected use of marijuana, his previous incidents of fighting with other kids, etc, those are just excuses for people to paint him as a threat, even though all he was doing was walking home with a drink and a bag of Skittles. None of that past history had anything to do with Zimmerman’s decision to accost him, attack him, and ultimately murder him. It serves an a rationalization and an excuse for bigots and race haters to paint him as the aggressor and as a “dangerous threat” merely because they wish to. Why do they wish to? Because he was black. In their minds, the black male is ALWAYS the guilty party, no matter what the circumstances.

* Zimmerman may have Latino ancestry, but he considers himself white, and from the brutish racial slurs on his MySpace page, he has no regard for Latinos or any other minorities. His racism against blacks has also been strongly demonstrated. So why do so many people identify with him? In most cases, because his bigotry reflects his.

• Brett says:

Well seriously I can only surmise from your post that you have access to information about Mr.Zimmerman and this case that the rest of do not have. He was found innocent but I guess the members of the jury were racist too. I think that people like you base most of what you say on your own racist feelings.

• Smit says:

This isn’t about race nor being black the murders in wilmington have suspects that are all going behind bars so how can you compare all of these to tray on martin quote he’s a thug because he smokes weed and takes pictures I know plenty of white kids who do the same there not being followed nor murdered for it because someone wants a peace rally its a problem its society not the people. – I’m A 17 year old that could’ve been Tray on Martin.

• CoastalJade says:

Justice Is Peace An It Hasnt Been Served

Your words Smit. 17? Hopefully you are still in school.

Yes teens do sometimes smoke weed. Take a risque picture or two. Skip school.
    But when they start assaulting people, as in the bus driver.
    When they are found with women’s jewelry on them and FB page full of filth and racism…
    That is NOT the normal or typical teen. That is peers I do not want my kids around. That is called piss poor parenting. His own Dad, gang tats…his own mother could not handle him…
    The path Trayvon Martin is FAR from typical/normal teens.

So, you are a seventeen year old who could have been bashing in someone’s skull? There is a thing in this country called self-defense and Zimmerman was exercising it when he pulled that trigger. You are young and you have a lot to learn. One thing you need to learn is that you cannot believe everything the media tells you.

• Guest 241 says:

I am somewhat disappointed in all the conversations that I have heard regarding the death of Travon and the incidents that occurred before, during and after. I have listened to both prosecuters and defense attorneys try to present facts to us. The trouble is that someone is wrong. I have found in my 60 years of life, that usually when an incident occurs, we only hear the “truth” as perceived by one party or the other and usually the “actual tructh” is somewhere in between. No of us will know exactly what happened and what was going through the minds of either party. Maybe it was partly as thr prosecutor said and George scared Travon, or maybe not. Maybe it was as the defense said and Travon surprised George and overtook him, maybe not. We need to look beyond this and see a bigger picture. There was, what was perceived to be a stranger in an exclusive neighborhood that appeared out of place. George apparently called 911. He only mentioned the race of Travon after asked by the calltaker at 911. Did he profile, sure by recognizing a stranger in the neighborhood. Every parent profiles the young man or young woman that wants to date your child. I am sorry that the events occurred as they did. I hope that maybe we could all just take time to stop and ask ourselves, “what has our society deteriorated to”. Just in our local area, we see shootings, beatings and other incidents of violence that are not restricted to one race against the other, many times they are on same race individuals. Many say that they are due to drugs, alcohol, or sometimes just anger. Why don’t we protest these incidents. Maybe this is an indication that we need to imrove our work as adults to rear our children in to obeying the laws of scoiety and respect others as we want to be respected. There was a teaching that said to love (trear) others as you want them to love (treat) you. These are just a feww words from an older, hopefuily wiser individual during this time. I close with this, one of the first incidents of a member of another race being treated with respect, was when Jesus respected those that he ran across in his ministry such as the woman at the well, the Roman soldier, etc. May we look to Him for a True example.

• Guest Taxpayer II says:

El-Amin, your an idiot. Its not against the law to follow someone,
    however it is against the law to walk up to somebody and punch them
    in the nose. If you do that, you are asking for trouble.

• Cnspeace says:

It is against the law to follow someone…you are not an idiot but misinformed. They call it stalking

While I strongly agree with the rule of law, and believe that the media surrounding Zimmerman has made an unfortunate situation worse, The NAACP does do a lot for the community It serves and that community does need help. For the sake of being short, In my opinion the NAACP and groups like it are missing a great opportunity to transform the argument away from the Zimmerman issue and get people to come together and get work done on the issue of black on black crime. Tell those that throw it up as a defense to help you solve it then, and tell those angry about martin and the fact that the crime statistics are the to get up and make sure their communities defy the stereo types rather than reinforce them.

• Peepers says:

I sure hope there’s no competing “bangers” or Chinese delivery drivers there. Wilmington has had more than enough murders this year.

• Erlkoenig says:

If they really want peace they need to take their message to Chicago.

If they don’t keep the racial tension up they will be out of jobs.

• Guestwho says:

I’m so sick of hearing about this. This kid was no martyr, no Medger Evers, no dr. king, but I’ve heard him compared to all three. He was beating someone, perhaps to death, when he was shot, It’s called self defense and a jury has decided that was the case. Everyone seems to want to turn this into a racial justice thing, saying young black men are scared to walk around at night. That’s real funny. Growing up white in a majority black part of a city I can say none of them looked too scared.

• Guest jestsaying says:

Just wondering about how many folks will even be able to find that there 1898 Memorial. Sure hope them NAACP folks are passing out some maps.

Hope they got enough sense to stay in a group too. As it starts to getting later all a them downtown criminals are gone to start picking off any a the stragglers. One minute ever ones yelling “Peace for Travon” and then the next minute its “What happened to William?”

Too bad them NAACP folks don’t want to include some talking about all a them shootings gone on around here. Seems like a good time to be including some talk about that stuff too but them NAACP folks don’t want to talk about it no way or no how!

Thanks for the heads -up -ill be sure to avoid the 1898 park are on Sat.
    “saying it’s ok to pursue an unarmed person walking home and it’s OK to pursue him and shoot him and actually murder him,”
    get your facts right – if someones head is being banged on the sidewalk then yes you can murder them.
    This is just all A BIG WASTE OF TIME.
    IM SURE THE ATTENDERS WILL BE THINKING OF “THERIR BROTHER” AND NOT ZIMMERMANN.
    CC