0 Comments for this article

Tags: , ,

WINNABOW, NC (WWAY) — An electrical fire that sparked at a Winnabow home early Monday morning sent two people to the hospital and destroyed their mobile home.

Firefighters say they were able to put out the flames at the home in the 6700 block of Funston Street just after 7:30 a.m.

They say the fire started in one of the bedrooms on the side of the house.

A woman and her son were inside at the time of the fire, and firefighters say both adults were taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Several fire crews responded to the call, along with Brunswick County EMS. Crews closed the road for about 30 minutes while they cleared the scene.

Firefighters say the home is a total loss, and the American Red Cross is helping the family.

Comment on this Story

Related News

Shane Curtis Lester (Photo: Brunswick Co. Sheriff's Office/Facebook)
3 days ago
0 Comments for this article
UPDATE: Winnabow man found safe
Read More»
FIRE GENERIC
4 days ago
0 Comments for this article
Candle causes Wilmington house fire overnight
Read More»
A Leland home is destroyed by a fire (Photo: Sarah Johnson/WWAY)
1 week ago
0 Comments for this article
Lightning to blame for Leland house fire
Read More»