0 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , , ,

LELAND, NC (WWAY) – Brunswick County dispatchers said the Wal-Mart in Leland was evacuated Sunday afternoon due to a gas leak.

Dispatchers confirmed a little after 3 p.m. on Sunday the store was evacuated.

According to Ronnie Hayes, Assistant Fire Chief with the Leland Fire/Rescue Department, a store employee accidentally struck a gas line in the building.

Hayes said crews from Piedmont Natural Gas were called to the scene and were able to fix the leak within a short period of time.

The store was back open by 4:30 p.m.

Comment on this Story

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of

Related News