NC Highway Patrol releases Labor Day crackdown numbers

Tags: , , , , , ,

Submitted: Wed, 09/04/2013 - 3:51am
Updated: Wed, 09/04/2013 - 4:10am

RALEIGH, NC (Press Release) — The North Carolina State Highway Patrol released the totals for “On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink & Drive” Labor Day campaign for the period of Saturday, August 31st through Monday, September 2nd.

“On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink & Drive” campaign is a multi-agency initiative with the Division of Law Enforcement Wildlife Resources Commission and the Alcohol Law Enforcement Division that is designed to combine law enforcement resources to ensure that all motorists can safely travel on highway and waterways during the summer months. Operation “On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink & Drive” is focused on three key summer travel holiday weekends; Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.

The totals are reflective of the Highway Patrol’s enforcement efforts during the Labor Day holiday period:

Highway Patrol:

Driving While Impaired: 298
Provisional License Violation: 24
Other Implied Consent Violation: 73
Drug Violations: 38
Drug Paraphernalia: 16
Seatbelt Violations: 1,382
Child Restraint Violations: 204
Equipment Violations: 649
Driver License Violation: 1,212
Registration Violation: 1,105
Other Violations: 3,730
Total: 8,731

• wilm tax payer says:

same place where the state lottery money goes, in someone pocket

Where does all this money go?

• Vog46 says:

If my memory of the state constitution is correct all fines, fees, and levies go to the county in which that fine fee or levy was assessed. So a DWI ticket issued in NH County results in NH County getting the fine. The fine monies are then used to fund school department budgets. Same hold true for NC OSHA penalties and DEHNR penalties.
    Vehicle taxes, along with other property taxes fund the general county budget.
    I believe I am right on that, but it’s been awhile………

Vog

• Guest Reply Redux says:

Those numbers are probably just for Wilmington! :-o

• LGRAY says:

I wish they would have been at Trails End Park on Monday afternoon and caught our fellow boater who damaged my white truck. I believe they pulled their trailer under the front end of my vehicle which not only damaged the bumper, but also the engine. Great people we have here.
    This has been reported to the HP and if I am blessed maybe someone who saw it happened will contact me.

• Guestin says:

half or more will get off by a lawyer and do it again and again. cops crack down and lawyers make money. no one stops the cycle.