0 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — UNCW students are back inside Graham-Hewlett Hall after a gas leak evacuated 300 to 400 students who live there last night.

Around 11 p.m. Wilmington fire crews moved students out of the dorm after someone smelled a gas odor during a routine security check.

A UNCW spokesperson says students got the all clear to return to their rooms just after midnight, since only a low level of gas was detected inside a laundry room.

The spokesperson says there will be a planned evacuation this morning as they continue to investigate. There were no injuries.

Comment on this Story

Related News

Make-a-Wish throws a wish granting party for a local teen (Photo: Sarah Johnson/WWAY)
2 days ago
0 Comments for this article
Local teen gets Make-a-Wish trip
Read More»
FIRE GENERIC
5 days ago
0 Comments for this article
Candle causes Wilmington house fire overnight
Read More»
Opera Singer Joshua Collier shows us some of the costumers for the show. Photo By: Alexa Block/WWAY
7 days ago
0 Comments for this article
Opera Wilmington preps for performance with preview event
Read More»