0 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — UNCW students are back inside Graham-Hewlett Hall after a gas leak evacuated 300 to 400 students who live there last night.

Around 11 p.m. Wilmington fire crews moved students out of the dorm after someone smelled a gas odor during a routine security check.

A UNCW spokesperson says students got the all clear to return to their rooms just after midnight, since only a low level of gas was detected inside a laundry room.

The spokesperson says there will be a planned evacuation this morning as they continue to investigate. There were no injuries.

Comment on this Story

Related News

Roland Martin gave the keynote speach at the 2017 UNCW MLK Celebration (Photo: Dustin Dorsey/WWAY)
12 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Roland Martin headlines UNCW’s MLK Celebration
Read More»
firefighter
20 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Live burn planned for Beasley Road in Wilmington
Read More»
Students and faculty gathered for the Hawk Wheels ribbon cutting Wednesday. (Photo: Helen Holt/WWAY)
2 days ago
0 Comments for this article
UNCW Hawk Wheels bike share program opens
Read More»