10 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Wilmington Police responded to reports of shots fired near the intersection of Market Street and South 15th Street Saturday afternoon.

Officers marked off several areas along South 15th Street for evidence.

Police were also in Creekwood during this time. Officers blocked off a parking area along Princess Place Drive with caution tape. A red van was parked within this blocked off area.

According to Wilmington Police Department’s Lieutenant Green, the driver in the red van was shot at several times near 15th and Market. The driver fled to Creekwood for safety.

Green says the driver did not see anything. There are no suspects at this time.

Comment on this Story

10 Comments on "Shots fired near 15th and Market; Police also in Creekwood"

Guest, just another
2015 years 9 months ago

What the heck are you thinking??? Do you seriously think that bringing the wanna-be military into Wilmington is helpful?

You’re some kinda of Obama nut-job, looking for a way to open that door to have his brain-washed socialist “national guard” army dis-arming civilians “to reduce crime”.

You’re a dork.

home health nurse for the community
2015 years 9 months ago

NO WAY TO CLEAN UP THE TRASH EXCEPT VOTE HIM OUT!!!! MAYBE I WILL RUN FOR MAYOR. DO YOU WANT TO SPEAK TO THE MAYOR OF THE TOWN OR THE HOME HEALTH NURSE WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING…..THE ONE WHO KNOWS WHICH HOUSES TO AVOID, WHICH STREETS TO AVOID, WHICH CARS TO AVOID, WHICH PUBLIC RESTROOMS TO AVOID…..JUST SAYIN’

Guest Reply Redux
2015 years 9 months ago

You people in Wilmington ready to accept the National Guard for help yet?
That question goes out to the police chief…and City Council as well.
Still no word from Saffo????
Figures…and no one is running against him for Mayor. That’s one reason he is silent.

Guest777
2015 years 9 months ago

You don’t go into that area because you have no reason to…not because you’re smart idiot. ‘I say take them more guns and let them shoot each other till they’re all gone’. and this is the most moronic sentence I’ve ever read in my life.

Guest Reply Redux
2015 years 9 months ago

“You’re some kinda of Obama nut-job, looking for a way to open that door to have his brain-washed socialist “national guard” army dis-arming civilians “to reduce crime” (Unquote)

Well…it’s settled then. I guess you told me off but good huh? Especially using the “Dork” word. Heaven forbid :-(
Don’t think I’ll recover…but neither will you as time passes, and you are still reading day to day about more shootings in Wilmington, and how the DA’s office leaked a “Snitch List”…and there will be your other battle between forces…and the real problems will stay at bay.
What’s Obama got to do with my statements? Seems you are Republican and you must feel lost in a country run by the Democratic Party, “and”…who wishes Bush (The Real Dork) was back in office.
Sorry :-(

Poochie
2015 years 9 months ago

Please excuse me if I sound hysterical, but I think certain areas of Wilmington are having far too many shootouts.

Something must be done. Attention must be paid. Community activists must become involved.

The situation seems to be getting

oUt
oF
hAnD.

Guest63
2015 years 9 months ago

Just imagine you lived in a big city with real crime problems. You got a couple of wanna be gang bangers shooting each other — so what??? It’s not really a problem until they start shooting “real people”. What a great solution getting the clergy involved is – NOT! See how that played out in other cities. I say take them more guns and let them shoot each other till they’re all gone. I don’t go into that area, because I have a brain, and it still works.

Simply the Guest
2015 years 9 months ago

Hey look, more crime.

guesty
2015 years 9 months ago

A van possibly connected to the shooting found in Creekwood? I find that hard to believe. But don’t worry, ralphie said crime was down. The public shouldn’t expect much out of him with the misconduct he allows within his command staff and department.

nofaithnlaw
2015 years 9 months ago

Be prepared for the uneducated comments “Why don’t they respond when it’s one our guys gettin’ shot?” Well, for one eveytime LEO do respond to “one of yours” getting shot YOU DON”T SEE ANYTHING & DON”T KNOW ANYBODY”!