12 Comments for this article

Tags: , , , , ,

LELAND, NC (WWAY) — A 29-year-old Brunswick County woman has been arrested for statutory rape.

According to a warrant, Leland Police charged Hannah Whitlock of S. Navassa Rd., Friday for the rape of a 14-year-old boy. Police say the sex occurred between Feb. 1 and April 30 of this year.

A Leland Police spokesman would not provide more information on the case.

Whitlock is in jail under $200,000 secured bond.

Comment on this Story

12 Comments on "Leland woman charged with rape of 14-year-old boy"

Tracie C
2015 years 8 months ago

Did she offer to do his homework also?

Kevin H.
2015 years 8 months ago

Whitlock should not have had sex with the boy, but to characterize the consensual sex as “rape” is patently absurd.

Fourteen-year-old boys are already into sexual experimentation, and this boy could not have been raped had he not been sexually “aroused” to begin with.

The sexual relationship between the 29-year-old woman and the boy is sleazy and wrong, but Ms. Whitmore is not guilty of rape. Whatever her offense is I do not know, but one thing I know for sure: She used bad judgment.

Matt
2015 years 8 months ago

No !!! Iam her brother and she did NOT rape him ! HE raped her while she was passed out from pain pills that her doctor prescribed her for her back !!!! She didn’t want to ruin his life so she didn’t press charges ! The boy was 16 NOT 14

Bernice
2015 years 8 months ago

Are you kidding me? Like this is not a joke, I don’t understand why in the world in ur right mind you would say something like that about a boy getting raped!

kathleen anderson
2015 years 8 months ago

All children raped are destroyed over and over again.

1234543
2015 years 8 months ago

Rape? maybe once, but for 3 mos? was it a marathon?

guest12092319j11
2015 years 8 months ago

Being aroused is not a choice. Remember when you were 14? You could get aroused if the wind was blowing in a certain direction. If the sexes were reversed, we’d all be calling the perp a scumbag rapist, calling for his head and his execution. Men are perfectly capable of being raped. Stop this nonsense that he probably enjoyed it. He was exploited and used by an adult much older than him.

duhuhuh
2015 years 8 months ago

“sexually aroused to begin with” boys at this age get an erection when the wind changes direction.

And yes she is guilty of rape just like if the genders were reversed. He is a minor.

brad
2015 years 8 months ago

honestly i know her brother and her and he really doesnt know much about the case but while hanging out with him we met the boy as he lives at his grandmothers house which is beside of whitlocks !! and the boy IS 16

Same old double standard
2015 years 8 months ago

I couldn’t agree more seriously. I get so tired of this double standard. As a mother to three boys with the oldest being 15, I would want this woman prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law. It is not “cool” for boys to be forced to grow up early because of some stupid selfish adult. I feel more than bad for her brother that commented. Especially since you are defending your sister by blaming the child. I am sure it’s not a conspiracy and the boy is really14.

Guest2020
2015 years 8 months ago

The age of consent in North Carolina is sixteen. Therefore the boy could not legally consent. Without consent, it is rape.

jason
2015 years 8 months ago

Realizing that this is a statutory offense… I would have done anything at 14 to be that boy. I wish there was a lady like that near me!
But it’s illegal. An the lady should go to jail.