NEW THIS MORNING: Four escape burning Wilmington home safely

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- Four people are safe this morning following a fire that sparked while they were inside their Wilmington home overnight.

Just after 3 a.m., fire crews say they got to the scene in the 500 block of Walnut Street, where flames were coming from a bedroom inside the home.

They say four people were inside when the fire started, but were able to get out safely. Fire crews say the flames, which were contained to the bedroom where they started, did cause between $25,000 and almost $40,000.

There's no word yet on what sparked the fire. Both Wilmington firefighters and police responded to the fire.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

Praise God the family got out alive.