1 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Four people are safe this morning following a fire that sparked while they were inside their Wilmington home overnight.

Just after 3 a.m., fire crews say they got to the scene in the 500 block of Walnut Street, where flames were coming from a bedroom inside the home.

They say four people were inside when the fire started, but were able to get out safely. Fire crews say the flames, which were contained to the bedroom where they started, did cause between $25,000 and almost $40,000.

There’s no word yet on what sparked the fire. Both Wilmington firefighters and police responded to the fire.

Comment on this Story

Leave a Reply

1 Comment on "NEW THIS MORNING: Four escape burning Wilmington home safely"

Notify of

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted

Related News

Firefighters battle blaze on third floor of Wilmington apartment complex
2 days ago
0 Comments for this article
Firefighters contain apartment fire, no one hurt
Read More»
1 week ago
0 Comments for this article
Staff moves into new fire station
Read More»
1 week ago
0 Comments for this article
Car seat check helps parents stay safe
Read More»