Cousin of murder victim arrested for incident Sunday

Tags: , , , ,

Submitted: Tue, 01/21/2014 - 8:57pm
Updated: Tue, 01/21/2014 - 10:18pm

BURGAW, NC (WWAY) — A Burgaw man is behind bars for his involvement in a hostile crowd Sunday.

We spoke with Marquis Jackson yesterday afternoon about the murder of his cousin before he was charged with inciting to riot. Police say they saw Jackson on the street yesterday and served him with the warrant.

Police say they were called to Johnson Street Sunday afternoon, where they tried to break up a large crowd. They say the crowd began throwing rocks at the officers and were confrontational.

Police Sunday arrested Jasmine Bonds for impeding traffic and resisting a public officer.

I wonder if this incident sparked the killing of Great Guy Quan.

Birds of a feather!!! Way to disgrace your family even further.

Nothing but useless ghetto trash. It has nothing to do with your race, but everything to do with your animalistic actions.

• nofaithnlaw says:

I was born in Wilmington & had I not been raised here, it sure isn’t a city that I would want to visit or consider calling home. It is full of ignorant thugs, trash, gang bangers & dirty LEO

• Guest-o-matic says:

…that shuffle the violent criminals back out on the street and into society faster than feeding pidgeons popcorn!

But you know what? Denegrating our state as you just have isn’t the answer. Vote knowlegeably and consistently contact your lawmakers to make a difference. Otherwise, consider yourself quite welcome find yourself a more acceptable home and quit whining!

• live in the city says:

wilm is a violent town. dont visit wilmington. its not a safe place to be . check out and see who is doing it,

• T bonelips says:

WOW….the word is spreading fast to out of towners. I live 5 hours away and hear about how violent it has gotten around Wilmington! Too many losers are moving into NC from places like FloriDUH. You people better build more prisons because it’s getting worse there. Just go to bxsd and read about your city in the last 10 years. NC is turning into a big ghetto!

• Guesteasy says:

If a dog and anyone of this ilk were in the road, I would not hesitate to save the dog.

• Gammy2Ateam says:

I have been researching Wilmington and hoping to move there this spring, but I am getting pretty mixed messages. Most sites tell how low the crime rate is compared to other towns, the beauty, cost of living… all of them and all the people I’ve spoken to about Wilmington say there is no gang related crime problem… This story is the first mention of it that I have seen. So please tell me: is the crime and gang stuff in Wilmington really as bad as you are saying here???

…fine outstanding productive member of society.