Chocolate Pound Cake
SERVES 20 - START TO FINISH: 20 minutes prep, 1 hour 15 baking time, 30 minutes cooling time
** All ingredients must be at room temperature before beginning for best results**
3 sticks unsalted butter (1-1/2 cups)
3 cups sugar
3 cups cake four
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
6 large eggs
1 cup low fat yogurt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour a tube pan and set aside. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add sugar and cream on medium high speed for 4 more minutes. Turn off mixer.
3. In a medium bowl, shift together the cake flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Set aside. Turn mixer on low and each egg individually, scraping down the sides after each egg.
4. Add alternately the flour mixture and the yogurt a small amount at a time until all has been incorporated. Turn motor off frequently and scrape down the sides. Add vanilla and mix just until incorporated. Immediately scrape evenly into the prepared pan. Place pan in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Do not over bake. You can also tell the cake is done when a light touch to the top springs back.
5. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then invert onto a cake plate and allow to cool 15 more minutes before slicing. Leftovers can be stored, tightly covered for up to 3 days. Do not store in plastic.
© 2014 Kitchen Scoop, LLC - please visit us online at www.kitchenscoop.com where you can find more of our recipes!