Attorney for Pender County charged with DWI in Brunswick County

Tags: , , , ,

Submitted: Tue, 02/25/2014 - 3:56pm
Updated: Tue, 02/25/2014 - 10:13pm

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The attorney for Pender County was charged over the weekend with DWI.

Carl “Trey” Woodrow Thurman III, 47, appeared before a Brunswick County magistrate at 2:23 a.m. Sunday, according to a revocation order. According to the document, which revokes his license for 30 days, Thurman had a blood alcohol concentration above the legal limit of .08.

Jail records show the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office arrested Thurman for DWI a short time earlier.

Court records show Thurman is due in court April 28 on the DWI charge. He also has a court date of April 22 for a misdemeanor charge of possess/sell non tax paid alcoholic beverage.

The headline states that he is an attorney. The first line of the article states that he is an attorney.

• tke1 says:

You have to hunt for the fact that this man is an attorney. If he had been a law enforcement officer or member of a LEO’s family you would have seen paragraph after paragraph about that fact. Media bias?? You don’t reckon!?! WWAY bias?? Could be. Will this be published? Doubt it.

• T says:

My point exactly, only cops get in trouble when they mess up. Everyone else, it’s just a bump on the road for them> What a joke.

• Okie says:

Just like Cat Stevens and Sam Cooke used to sing:

Another Saturday night and I ain’t got nobody
    I’ve got some money ’cause I just got paid
    Now, how I wish I had someone to talk to
    I’m in an awful way

• taxpayer says:

will represent himself and avoid the legal fees.

• MG says:

He needs to be dismissed from his position IMMEDIATELY. How can he represent and uphold the laws he is tasked with in representing the county, if he is a lawbreaker himself!