0 Comments for this article

Tags: , ,

wway-ads-zone5

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — A passerby may have saved the lives of those inside a Wilmington apartment complex that caught fire overnight.

The Wilmington fire department says a passerby spotted a fire at 1206 Columbus Circle just before 3 a.m. and told those inside to get out.

When crews arrived they found heavy flames coming out of two apartments. They were able to contain the fire quickly, and found that everyone had gotten out safely.

An investigation found the fire was accidental, and started from improperly discarded smoking material.

WFD says four apartments sustained $30,000 worth of damage.

Comment on this Story

wway-ads-zone39

Related News

Garage fire on 43rd Street. (Photo: Sarah Johnson/WWAY)
3 days ago
0 Comments for this article
No one hurt in Wilmington garage fire
Read More»
WFD
2 weeks ago
2 Comments for this article
Firefighters ask for educational incentive pay
Read More»
Wilmington Fire Department on scene of a grease fire at Checkers Drive-In. Photo By: Alexa Block/WWAY
2 weeks ago
0 Comments for this article
UPDATE: Wilmington burger place closed after grease fire
Read More»