0 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Firefighters say smoking materials sent a storage building up in flames early this morning, leaving the structure completely destroyed.

Wilmington Fire crews say they got the call just after 5:30 a.m. reporting an outside structure at 4134 Masonboro Loop Road was on fire. They say crews began battling the flames soon after, but were unable to save the storage building.

Firefighters say the flames did about $25,000 worth of damage to the building. Investigators say smoking material that was not disposed of properly sparked the fire, deeming it accidental. They say no one was hurt in the fire.

Comment on this Story

Related News

Crash involving SUV and train blocks Market Street on November 6, 2016  (Photo: Taylor Yakowenko/WWAY)
24 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Accident involving train, SUV blocks Market Street
Read More»
FIRE GENERIC
4 days ago
0 Comments for this article
Chimney fire damages Wilmington home
Read More»
Damage left behind by fire at area apartment complex. (Photo: Frank Blackley/WFD)
2 weeks ago
0 Comments for this article
Crews respond to fire at Wilmington apartment complex
Read More»