0 Comments for this article

Tags: , ,

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Investigators say an unattended heater left to thaw a freezer led to a fire that damaged an apartment building near UNCW this morning.

Firefighters say everyone got out safely after the fire broke out around 10:30 a.m. at Campus Edge Apartments at 454 Racine Dr. When they arrived they found heavy smoke and flames coming from Building E, Wilmington Fire Department spokesman David Hines said.

Hines says the fire has been ruled accidental. It caused an estimated $75,000 worth of damage.

Photo courtesy: Monte Coughlin

Comment on this Story

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!


 

Related News

A 90-year-old man saved his bride of 68 years from a fire, after lightning struck their home.
3 weeks ago
0 Comments for this article
90-year-old man saves wife from fire
Read More»
outerbanks
3 weeks ago
0 Comments for this article
Oceanfront homes destroyed in Outer Banks fire
Read More»
Fire
3 weeks ago
0 Comments for this article
Fire in Pisgah National Forest grows to 375 acres
Read More»