Brian Berger arrested in Avery County

Tags: , , , , ,

Submitted: Wed, 06/11/2014 - 1:43am
Updated: Wed, 06/11/2014 - 3:08pm

New Hanover County Commissioner Brian Berger is in trouble with the law again.

Berger was arrested today in Avery County and charged with a probation violation, said Avery County Sheriff Kevin Frye. Jail records show that Berger was charged with possession of Schedule II drugs, a broad category that includes oxycodone and raw opium, among others.

Click here to read more at StarNewsOnline.com

• GuestAMotion says:

Brian, you still think you haven’t hit bottom yet? Train wreck ahead and you are driving the train!

Trouble with you is
    The trouble with me
    Got two good eyes
    but we still don’t see
    Come round the bend
    You know it’s the end
    The fireman screams and
    The engine just gleams

Ride that train Casey Jones!

• 9743 says:

Berger was probably “set-up” by none other than….drum roll please, “THE AMOTION MAN”!!!

• Citizen Jason says:

I guess he had to do something. He was losing to Marc Benson, and Ricky Meeks, in the “Jackass Of The Year”, award. Now, he’s back in front.

• fu9l says:

hes a mental patient by all terms he can not be sent to jail because he is mental the law suits that would follow would be to expensive for tax payers instead we need to place him in a mental phil. for a min of 1 year for a proper evaluation of his mental state and go form there

• Deadhead says:

If I had a gun for every ace that I had drawn
    I could arm a town the size of Abilene
    Don’t you push me baby, ’cause I’m moaning low
    And you know I’m only in it for the gold

• otherguest says:

Is Avery County higher than Mt Washington in New Hampshire?

• brant says:

Mount Mitchell is in Yancey County.

• Heimie Schmelter says:

…and has ever since his feeble attempt to oust Berger, publicly attack him and piss away substantial taxpayer monies to do it. Every time I see him at a social event or on his TV commecials advertising his legal “practice”, I can’t help but chuckle. I couldn’t imagine him ever seriously representing anyone in court after what I’ve seen.

“You never get a second chance to make a first impression!” Woody White has proven that!

• Carl says:

Berger has already been diagnosed with autism, and his erratic behavior underscores the diagnosis. The man is mentally ill. The drugs found on him are most likely antipsychotic prescription drugs.

• SurfCityTom says:

he will walk soon with a $300,000 secured bond.

It really causes you to wonder what he was doing so far west.

Looking for a new job?

Trying to get high without the use of pharmacutical products? Avery County does have the highest elevation in the US east of the Mississippi.

It’s unfortunate Woody and friends had to waste so much of the County’s liquid assests on the amotion attempt. Berger was just ticking; and could have been placed in his seat with a Court Jester’s hat on his head.

He’s out of office in December; let’s hope Woody’s wounded ego does not cause the spending of county dollars on legal fees to show Berger the door sooner.

• Guestman. says:

The Pride of the Tea Party…

• brant says:

Mt Washington is slightly higher than the highest point in Avery County. It is not higher than Mount Mitchell, which is in Yancey County.

• SurfCityTom says:

it is according to online data.

• I luv lim says:

Did someone say METH?

• Tracie C says:

Well, hell, with your viewpoint it would be okay for the mayor to get caught with a hooker…..or for ole Woody to slap your wife…..
    The d*****bag is an elected official. Comparing that with your everyday wanna be gang bangers (laughable in this town) is bordering on ridiculous. I don’t pay the criminals but my taxes damned sure pay Berger.

• Bill O'Brien says:

What legal system are you working from? Since when do we get to charge stiffer penalties because people are elcted officials vs. violent offenders? The Mayor is a laughing stock who now lives in an apartment on 2nd Street because he knocked up some girl. Berger is a joke too but, what crimes has he committed that are worthy of a major prison sentence? The fact that you consider Berger more of a threat to you than the gang bangers running around shooting and robbing people amkes you sound pretty ignorant.

In case you haven’t noticed, the gang bangers here are hardly “wannabes” anymore. They have more than adequately achieved full banger status and it is people like you that enable them to perpetuate.

• Barry says:

what a tool. He was practically given a pass for his last go round but now with a probation violation and apparently felony charges he more than likely will be peeping from a jail cell.

I guess it is now a foregone conclusion that Berger is just a junkie who has exercised what is probably his last indiscretion and the one that will incarcerate him.

I wonder what the hell he was doing in Avery County? Perhaps on a secret mission.

• wilm city here says:

he was on a secret mission for the governor .

• Captsundrop says:

O.k. Now put him away , he is obviously a danger to public…. He should not be able to “buy” his way out of another violation of THE LAW

• Bill O'Brien says:

There is no argument that Berger is a pretty badly damaged set of goods. Prison time though? Really? With the gang bangers and thieves that we have strolling out of court everyday and you want to hang Berger? I understand he is not well liked, and for good reason. What he has done is hardly deserving of prison time with the hardcore criminals we are cutting breaks to all the time around here.

• Vog48 says:

Berger is a great representative of our “don’t tread on me” Tea Party moment! None of you are in apposition to judge him.

Now if we can get him back to Wilmington and get those damn movie people out of our town we’ll be in grate shape!