It's the third fire at Colonial Grand in the last few months, and it has some residents concerned.
No one was hurt today, but unlike the first two, investigators say this was no accident.
This morning's fire was much smaller than the two earlier this year, but it was enough to shake up residents.
Around 5:30 a.m. crews put out a small fire outside one of the buildings at Colonial Grand on St. Andrews Drive.
A couple weeks ago, an electrical fire destroyed a unit in another building, and back in January multiple units were scorched after a cigarette was improperly discarded.
A resident we spoke with said she is very suspicious and left feeling uneasy; so much so she would not go on camera.
"That's one of the reasons I love staying over here, because I feel so safe," she said, "but how can I feel safe with three fires in six months."
Some residents we spoke with say they're even considering breaking their leases.
The Wilmington Fire Department is working with the investigation team to find out who tried to set fire to the building.
We reached out to folks in the apartment's office, but they declined to comment.