8 Comments for this article

Tags: , , ,

BLADEN, NC (WWAY) — A Bladen County father has pleaded guilty to killing his baby daughter nearly two years ago.

The District Attorney’s Office says Juan Andres Hernandez, 22, will spend as much as 10 years five months behind bars after pleading guilty to second-degree murder today.

Investigators say on Aug. 30, 2012, Hernandez’s 7-month-old daughter Isabella was rushed to the hospital after she stopped breathing. She died three days later.

The DA says Hernandez admitted shaking the baby to keep her from crying. The medical examiner ruled her death was a result of abusive head trauma.

Hernandez will serve a minimum of seven years 10 months in prison for the crime.

Comment on this Story

8 Comments on "Bladen dad admits to killing 7-month-old daughter"

guesty
2015 years 9 months ago

…his ‘bits’ so he can’t father another child once released.

Kara Bradley
2015 years 9 months ago

Guest 2020. You are so right! I can’t believe this is what we consider justice. And I saw today that Rodney Outlaw, accused of sex with a 15 year old is getting a plea deal. I hope this doesn’t hold true for the Clyde Way case from Camp Caswell last summer. Still waiting on a trial!! It’s been a year.

Guest2020
2015 years 9 months ago

Plea deals for baby killers. I hope you people who voted for Jon David are happy.

Charles Walters
2015 years 9 months ago

I say just hold him down and drive a stake through his heart. That will do the trick.

Guest-o-matic
2015 years 9 months ago

…which will likely be less than 2 years, send him back to Mexico where he belongs!

guesty
2015 years 9 months ago

Still waiting for the pedocop from Northwest to go to trial for his charges of participating in the prostitution of a minor and filing a false police report. He had a date set and then got it postponed.

Kara Bradley
2015 years 9 months ago

It’s just case after case of sexual predators running rampant without fear of reprisal. I get sick of the run around when you question why cases aren’t moving along, I get sick of reading stories everyday involving drugs, sex crimes and police dereliction of duty. They re-elected Jon David. I wish there would have been a clear message sent that crime will not be tolerated. I’d like to know when Clyde Wesley Way will go on trial because I want to be there to represent all the kids who won’t get their day in court because they are too afraid to come forward. It is very discouraging when these things drag on and on, all while these “alleged” criminals sit at home and enjoy life with their families and their grandkids. That’s the most disgusting thing, you let him out on reduced bond and then say he can’t be around kids, but he is welcome to spend time with his grandchildren!! That is ridiculous. We need to stop fighting the war on drugs and start fighting the war on our children. They deserve to grow up to be safe, happy adults.

Well Said