ONLY ON 3: Deputy’s wife sues another deputy for alienation of affection

Tags: , , , ,

Submitted: Mon, 07/28/2014 - 9:26pm
Updated: Mon, 07/28/2014 - 10:38pm

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — New Hanover County Sheriff Ed McMahon demoted two deputies last month for conduct unbecoming. Because it’s personnel, the Sheriff’s Office won’t say what happened.

Today we found the wife of one of the deputies has filed an alienation of affection lawsuit against a New Hanover County detective.

In the lawsuit filed last week, Cheryl Jones says New Hanover County Sheriff’s Det. Gina Turner “woo(ed) and seduce(d)” her husband Dep. Sean Jones. She claims the two had a sexual relationship, even though Turner knew Jones was married.

In another document, Turner’s husband, who lives in Michigan, said he found out Turner was in a relationship with Jones, who was her supervisor at the Sheriff’s Office.

Turner’s husband said his wife would leave their diabetic son at home up to four nights a week to stay with Sean Jones; one time leaving both of their minor children in the middle of the night Dec. 21 and not returning until the early morning hours of Dec. 23.

It’s unclear whether the lawsuit and Jones’s demotion are connected.

On top of losing rank, Jones had his hourly pay docked. A day later, Turner was also disciplined. She was suspended for 40 hours for violating the Sheriff’s Office’s policies on truthfulness and conduct unbecoming.

We reached out to Turner this afternoon for comment. She has not yet returned our calls.

• JOE says:

THE ENTIRE LEADERSHIP OF THE SHERIFFS OFFICE AND THE WILMINGTON POLICE DEPARTMENT NEED TO BE THROWN OUT. IT’S SAD THAT THE ONLY PERSON RUNNING AGAINST THE SHERIFF IS JASON VAUGHN. VAUGHN COULDN’T WIN AN ELECTION AGAINST DAFFY DUCK. THIS SHOULDN’T BE A SHOCKER, AS THIS IS THE SAME COMMUNITY THAT’S ELECTED BERGER TO THE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS A FEW TIMES. THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS REALLY TO BLAME FOR LEAVING THESE CROOKS IN OFFICE. THE SIMPLETONS ARE THE MAJORITY IN THIS AREA! UNTIL PEOPLE WITH SOME COMMON SENSE GET FED UP AND PUT THE BOOZE AND PILLS DOWN, YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE THE SAME CROOKS IN CONTROL.

• ann fox says:

Stay home, Who gives you the right to tell someone to stay home from church! You must not be a true Christian if you are trying to keep people from Church and hearing the word of God. This story is a lie and you or nobody else should judge a one sided story, and believe me there is another side. Maybe someone should email the church pastor and let him know how someone from his church is sending messages such as yours!

• franny says:

It’s not slander when it’s the truth…Mrs. Jones and Mr. Turner are right for suing their spouse for alienation of affection! For Sean to be a minister/ man of God and committing adultery while married, I hope he burns and get what’s coming to him!

• Marcie says:

Its a shame that in today’s society we always blame women for there mistakes but never do we ever blame men. There’s two sides to every story. And its the media nothing that comes out on the internet is barely ever true! I feel bad for people who have nothing better to do with their lives but to interact with this and take sides.

• Not Surprised says:

Funny. A friend of mine is currently going through the same problem. Her husband (LEO) left her for a detention officer that had been pursuing him for months, even after the detention officer was told by a superior to back off. My friend was told that since they are (now) separated, they don’t have a problem with the relationship. They did switch the homewrecker’s shift, but seems like they are just trying to cover things up. And yes, just like someone mentioned already, it IS an election year. Yet, it occurs to me now that this has become a common practice that is not only overlooked, but also “quietly” supported within their circle. Disgraceful and disgusting. Good thing they are not in the military, because there would be SERIOUS repercussions.

• hope says:

The affairs and cover ups are abundant at the sheriff’s office. The other women are rarely disciplined and the men are giving some minor consequence while the vast majority of the sheriff’s office will look into the wife’s eyes and let it be known that they condone the inappropriate relationship. The wife doesn’t need to be viewed as a bad wife in every instance either. The culture of working in such conditions and hours has been studied and research concludes that law enforcement/ shift workers are more likely to cheat despite a healthy home life.

Affairs are not the only type of behavior covered up at the sheriff’s office. A lot of the personnel there lack judgement and morals in several other areas as well.

• SurfCityTom says:

the tip of the iceberg.

The big money will come when she files a suit against NHC and the Sheriff’s Department for allowing a workplace environment to exist which allows these types of activities. Given that the demoted officer was in a leadership position at the time the affair began, the employer will have little if any defense.

If her lawyer has not discussed this type of lawsuit, she needs to get a new lawyer.

• beach guy says:

I have taken two oaths in my life one was an oath of enlistment and the other was an oath before God when I married my Wife 27 years ago.
    I have not broken either.I do not understand how people can stand before God and not take it seriously If you find yourself in a situation that you would be tempted walk away that’s all you have to do just keep your promises,
    Now with the Law enforcement community if you cannot keep an oath to your spouse you cannot be trusted to keep your oath of office and need to be in some other profession more suited to you ethical disposition.
    This is why the citizenry is losing respect for Law Enforcement it is like telling your kids don’t do as I do do as I say If you have no more respect for your own self than to commit adultery how are we supposed to respect you.
    I say fire all of them and set an example for the rest of the department. We were taught as kids to respect and look up to Police Officers were we wrong?

• Guestpeaceout says:

Its “defamation of character”. Gawd the people around here are ignorant.

• catchmelater says:

I made my vows to my spouse not gods and I have kept them for 22 years. As long as you have morals there is no need for gods.

• Unaffiliated says:

I certainly hope none of you folks are shocked about this type behavior here.

They hire and promote a lot of folks that are of questionable character. Look at what just happened to the head of the sheriffs office internal affairs and ethics division. He was indicted for embezzlement! And that’s not his first time being in trouble either! I sure hope the ignorant voters stay away from the polls this November.

I am shocked this area would even elect a Liberal Democrat sheriff. But why would anybody be surprised about that? Look at our liberal leaders all over destroying everything else we once held dear!
    Please get rid of our Liberal leaders or you can expect this type stuff and lots more. I’m beating a dead horse, we have way too many morons still voting, so just enjoy the show!

• Old Guy says:

Hey Tom,
    Her attorney is better known as “blinky” in the courthouse. When she gets going and upset the eyelids do too. Its amazing she even can find the courthouse door let alone the Law. Just saying. Been against her before and she doesn’t do well against any other lawyer that is better than her. That’s just about anybody else you can think of. Oh well!

• Larry says:

Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

• NHCSO a joke says:

What’s sad ….
    That an LEO officer can be terminated for something as simple as getting into a fight off duty or any of numerous other reasons… But the sheriff allows the department to continuously commit adultery and turns the other cheek. What a disgrace …

• Craig Allen says:

Really? So, are we to assume that the Sheriff’s department, full of investigators, and internal affairs found these two guilty for no reason except hearsay and punished both on grounds of a hunch?
    That is hilarious! Ms. Turner was punished by the department after reported thorough investigation, for having been found to be untruthful (some call that dishonest or a liar, albeit from a DETECTIVE???) AND engaging in conduct unbecoming to an officer?
    This means if you did not gather from the first statement, that the Sheriff’s department completed a thorough (complete aka no stone unturned) investigation (think CSI Anne) and after the thorough investigation, found enough evidence to formerly punish Lt and Turner. Next, the news media, reports this, the findings were found to be true and official punishment recorded in personnel history however your opinion is, that this is a joke and the department’s formal investigation and its investigators are not correct, and what was found to have been proven by the department according to reports, to be… false? And your word as a friend of Turner’s is more so accurate than that of investigators how? This is by far, the most humorous thing I have read, seen or heard all year, by far! Ha Ha! “I am sorry detective but your investigation of the detective and confession cannot be taken into account because you are a detective, detective.” Too funny.. Too funny! You should have just said “Just because they committed adultery and lied about it, doesn’t mean they are dishonest and committed adultery”, because it would have been the same thing.

• guest_6366yahoo.com says:

who decides what is moral or not in the absence of a God? Maybe my “morals” are different than yours. How do you decide who is right? Apart from a spiritual belief there is no universal truth that applies to all people. What makes your “truth” apply to anyone else? That would imply that you and your morals (which would really be opinions in this case since it’s just something that is based on your experience rather than anyone can prove is true) are somehow superior to someone else’s and there is no way to measure that.

• PHILPBUNN says:

AI AGREE NO ONE SHOULD TELL ANYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM CHURCNN FOX,YOU SEEM TO KNOW ALOT ABOUT THIS STORY. HOW DO YOU KNOW ITS A LIE? THEY TOLD YOU. YOU ARE RIGHT,THERE IS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY,THATS WHY A SUIT WAS FILED. DID YOU NOT COMPREHEND THIS MAN IS A MINISTER OR DID HE NOT TELL YOU THAT. WHAT CHURCH DO YOU GO TO? WHAT ARE MINISTERS EXPECTED TO DO? SLEEP WITH WOMEN THEY ARE NOT MARRIED TO WHILE HE IS MARRIED.WOULD YOU WANT HIM PREACHING AT YOUR CHURCH? THIS WOMAN LEFT HER CHILDREN HOME ALONE.MR TURNER MUST KNOW SOMETHING.THEY BOTH LIED TO THE SHERIFF AND HE PUNISHED THEM! THERE ARE SOME LIES HERE,EVERYONE WILL KNOW WHEN THEY GO TO COURT.

• ann fox says:

My how the media doesn’t tell both sides of the story. Im sure Mrs Jones and Mr Turner have their own faults too! Lets tell the entire story on both sides.This to me looks like Mrs Turner has a good case of deformation of character against Mrs Jones and Mr Turner!

• ann fox says:

Like I said there are 2 sides to every story,the media hears what it wants to hear. They should be ashamed to air this on the news or at least interview all parties and get both sides before slandering peoples names. Mrs Jones and Mr Turner should be ashamed of themselves and their untruths!

• BERTSALSBURY says:

WELL I GUESS “STAY HOME” WAS CORRECT IN THEIR STATEMENT OF JONES AND TURNER.THEY HAVE BEEN SHOWING UP IN NEW BEGINNINGS CHURCH FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS,UNTIL THE SUIT WAS FILED ON MS. TURNER.THEY DID NOT SHOW UP THIS PAST SUNDAY.MAYBE THEY GOT THE MESSAGE ABOUT PEOPLE IN NEW BEGINNINGS NOT WANTING THEIR CRAP IN OUR CHURCH.ITS BAD ENOUGH HE IS A PREACHER RUBBING WHAT HES DOING IN GODS FACE!HOW CAN YOU BE SINNING THE NIGHT BEFORE AND RUN TO CHURCH LOOKING FOR ABSOLUTION.IN A SENSE,I GUESS YOU CAN,BUT CAN YOU CONTINUE TO GO AGAINST GOD,AND GET AWAY WITH IT.MAYBE THAT IS SOMETHING FOR YOU TWO SHOULD THINK ABOUT ALONG WITH WHAT YOU ARE TEACHING YOUR CHILDREN.WE KNOW MS TURNERS ANSWER IS TO LEAVE THEM ALONE ,BUT WHATS YOURS REV. JONES!I TAKE THE MINISTERY VERY SERIOUS. AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A CHILD OF GOD!WE OBVIOUSLY DONT SERVE THE SAME ONE.GET HOPE YOU ARE NOT PREACHING NOW,I WOULD NEVER COME HEAR YOU. GOD ALWAYS GIVES YOU THE CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT!YOUR CALL!(ING)

• Danny Boone says:

You are absolutely correct. Sadly it reminds us of the old proverb.. Through tve garden, walked a rake and a hoe…

• VoiceOfReason says:

Amen to that. In the Army you would get the BIG CHICKEN DINNER. (Bad Conduct Discharge)

• Dee Nile says:

We are waiting for the other side of the story to be told, but like the report states Det. Turner hasn’t returned the reporters call to be interviewed. Why is that? You seem to know them so well? It seems that others leaving comments may also know one or both of them and some comments sound from in the dept. So by all means tell us or have her tell us her side.

• Craig Allen says:

Your honor, he be deformed my and my character. I say I say I say my character dang nabbit wabbit!
    Just about as much of a joke as those characters in this story who are being sued for deforming he character I suppose..

• FED UP says:

ANN FOX,WHAT TRUTHS SHOULD MR TURNER AND MS JONES BE ASHAMED OF. THEY WERE THE ONES CHEATED ON YOU MUST BE NOT MARRIED OR DONT KNOW GOD!WHY SHOULDNT THE MEDIA AIR THIS. THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO WERE SWORN TO UPHOLD THE LAW.THIS WOMAN LEFT HER CHILDREN ALONE TO HAVE SEX.WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON!SURELY THEY HAVE PROOF OF THESE ALLEGATIONS OR THEY WOULD BE NO SUIT.YOUR MORALS ARE NO BETTER THAN THEIRS.NOBODY HAS TO CHEAT! THAT IS A CHOICE.THERE IS A RIGHT AND WRONG WAY TO DO EVERYTHING.DID YOU NOT KNOW MR JONES IS A REVEREND PREACHING AGAINST ADULTRY.MS TURNER DIDNT NEED HELP SLANDERING HER NAME. ITS BEEN OUT THERE SINCE LAST YEAR AND IN THE SHERIFFS OFFICE FOR MESSING WITH PEOPLES HUSBANDS. I WORK THERE! I KNOW!BE CAREFUL WHO YOU STAND UP FOR! DO YOU KNOW HER? I THINK NOT

• Debbie says:

Our church is for sinner’s not Saint’s & we are suppose to leave the judgment of other’s to the good Lord. Please try to ease up on condemning other’s. I can only hope the rest of the members of Lifepoint Church do not feel as you do. There is no one who walks this earth that is without sin.

• Mytwocentsworth says:

Sadly several LEOs get their integrity from the badge they wear instead of bringing integrity to the badge. They have the mindset that they can do as they wish and everyone should respect and fear them because they have a badge and gun. No integrity=no morals, this is a classic example!

• BILLJESSUP says:

THIS IS A CASE OF WHOS RIGHT AND WHOS WRONG.MR.JONES AND MS TURNER KNOW WHAT THEY DID.SO DOES GOD!HE IS THE REAL JUDGE IN ALL OF THIS.THEIR FATE WILL NOT BE DECIDED ON EARTH,THAT WILL BE MANS DECISION.IF MS JONES AND MR TURNER HAVE PROOF,IT WILL BE REVEALED.IT WAS SAID MS.JONES WAS MARRIED 17 YRS. SHE WONT BE A LOSER EVEN IF SHE DOESNT WIN THE SUIT. HER EX WILL BE TAKING CARE OF HER ANYWAY.ALIMONY,401K,PENSION,AND WITH A LITTLE LUCK,ADULTRY WILL BRING HER MORE.BOTH OF THEM ARE MUD AT THE SHERIFFS OFFICE,EVERYONE FROM HERE TO THE NEXT COUNTY KNOWS ABOUT THEM,AND MR JONES IS A MINISTER.BUT THEY BOUGHT THIS UPON THEMSELVES.

• Giggles McGee says:

If Mrs. turner was worried about her reputation and had the desire to clear her name, she wouldn’t have hesitated to return a reporters phone call. Seems like a cut and dry case of Mrs. jones calling a spade a spade… Or in this case. A h*e!

• Just Greg says:

This never happens in Mayberry.

• SurfCityTom says:

like I said, she should get a new lawyer.

Juries have ruled in favor of the deceived marriage partner when 2 co-workers engage in extra marital affairs and 1 of the 2 is a superior.

At least 3 Fortune 500 CEOS were forced out over these types of shennanigans.

And the insurance carrier for NHC and the Sheriff’s Dept will be ready to settle out of court before the gavel comes down to call the court to order.

• GALEHARRISS says:

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?YOU CANT EVEN TRUST THE CLERGY ANYMORE? THIS MAN IS A MINISTER WHO TOOK ANOTHER OATH TO GOD TO BE LIKE HIM AND UPHOLD IS WORD. HE LEFT A GREAT CHURCH AND PASTOR(WHOM HE USED TO GET A LICENSE)AND THE PROCEEDED TO PREACH UNDER HIS NAME AND THEN TURN AROUND AND DO THE OPPOSITE. HE THEN SHOWS UP IN NEW BEGINNINGS CHURCH THINKING NO ONE WOULD KNOW HE IS A MINISTER(WE KNEW WHEN HE FIRST STARTED COMING)WELL HE CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. OUR PASTOR JUST LIKE HIS FORMER PASTOR,DOES NOT TOLERATE GOING AGAINST GOD.HE BELIEVES IN MARRIAGE AND NOT ADULTRY. WE DID A EASTER PLAY AND A LOT OF THE CONGREGATION DID NOT APPROVE OF HIM TAKING A PART IN A THAT SACRED PLAY. I WAS ASHAMED TO SEE HIM IN IT. BUT I GUESS CAMPBELL WAS TRYING TO SEE THE GOOD IN HIM. WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE. BUT THE RECENT EVENTS ARE TOO MUCH!NOW THEY ARE IN CHURCH ACTING LIKE THEY DID NOTHING WRONG. THEY BOTH DESERVE WHATS COMING THEIR WAY.GOOD THING GOD GRANTS MERCY.

• tell it says:

Ann Fox you sure do keep popping up. You keep saying this story is a lie and you or nobody else should judge a one sided story, and believe me there is another side; well please my dear post the other side. I see many people asking for it, but all you can say this that we are getting one side. From what I have read on here so far many of the comments are from people who either work with them and or know them. So since you know them so well and know the “other side” share it! Until you or Ms. Turner does, I hope that Ms. Jones wins and I pray those kids won’t have to live with the embarrassment knowing that Ms. Turner and Mr. Jones committed ADULTRY

• tell it says:

The probably know your church will speak up and say something to their face. I guess the other church will swipe it under the rug like the department did. I don’t agree with it. I believe if you’re going run to a church looking for absolution you first need to admit what you have done and not continue to lie to everyone around you. They were supposed to be role models for children. Ms. Turner ran the NHSO Explorers when my child was in it. So disappointed.

• stay home says:

Sunday is approaching so I decided I would put in my two cents. I see you at church pretend as if you are someone are not. After seeing this report I am embarrassed not for you, but for your children. What kind of a role model are you setting for them? Committing adultery is wrong! Honestly I would rather not see you at lifepoint church, I take my marriage oath, my family, and my church very seriously and I don’t want it turned into your circus.

• TRENTBAXTER says:

WELL,THE NEW PROMOTIONS CAME OUT IN THE DEPARTMENT THIS WK.MR JONES ADC JOB WAS GIVEN TO ANOTHER,THE CAPTAIN SPOT HE WAS UP FOR TWICE IN THE LAST THREE YRS WAS TAKEN AND NOW HE IS A SLICK SLEEVE AFTER 20 SOME YRS. IF YOU DONT FEEL LIKE A FOOL,MR. JONES,YOU SHOULD UNLESS THOSE YRS MEANT NOTHING. AND YOU DID THIS TO BE WITH A WOMAN WITH A BACKGROUND LIKE TURNER.AND TO TOP IT OFF,YOURE A MINISTER.WHAT KIND OF A ROLE MODEL IS THAT? WHO GAVE YOU A LICENSE TO PREACH? THEY SHOULD RETHINK THAT. YOU NEED TO SURRENDER THAT BACK TO THE CHURCH. I FOR ONE INTEND TO FIND OUT WHEN YOU BOTH GO TO COURT SO I CAN HAVE A RINGSIDE SEAT TO SEE YALL GET WHATS COMING. THE SAD THING YOU DONT REALIZE IS YOURE NOT IN TROUBLE FOR WHAT YOU DID ON EARTH,GOD IS WHIPPING YOU FOR GOING AGAINST HIM!BUT I THINK YOU KNOW THAT. GOOD LUCK!

• Dave On Keyboard says:

I guess a cat’s gonna be a cat. Even if you give him a badge.

• SAMELLIS says:

THERE IS ANOTHER UNTRUTH THAT NEEDS TO BE CLEARED.THE JONESES ARE DIVORCED. IT IS A GOOD THING GOD REMOVED HER FROM THIS MESS BEFORE IT CAME OUT.IF SHE HAS THE PROOF AND IM SURE SHE DOES TO FILE A SUIT,THEN I SAY GO FOR IT MS JONES.HOLD YOUR HEAD UP AND STAND STRONG.MR TURNER ALSO MUST HAVE PROOF TO SAY SHE LEFT THE KIDS ALONE.AND THESE TWO PEOPLE ARE COPS?

• NHCSO says:

This doesn’t just happen at NHCSO and the Officers there. It happen at other SO’s and with other department in the County. Like the DA office as well. SO Officers think they are gifts to woman and they really don’t care who they hurt.

I hope she wins the lawsuit.

• JAMESPARSONS says:

MR.JONES,I HOPE ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN WORTH IT TO YOU FOR YOU TO BE WILLING TO GO AGAINST GOD AS A REVEREND SPEAKS FORITSELF. WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO GO INTO THE MINSITERY IF YOU KNEW YOU WOULD NOT FOLLOW GODS WORD ! AND YOU DID IT FOR A WOMAN!DO YOU NOT KNOW OF HIS WRATH.IF YOU DONT,YOU WILL I DONT THINK I WOULD WANT TO BE INVOLVED WITH A WOMAN WHO COULD STEER ME AWAY FROM GOD!BUT THAT WAS YOUR CHOICE,YOU KNEW RIGHT FROM WRONG,I HOPE, EVIDENTLY YOU WERE ONLY THINKING OF YOURSELF,SO DONT BLAME YOUR EX-WIFE FOR WHAT YOU DONE.BE A MAN,LIKE THE OTHER DEMOTED LIEUTENANT AND SUCK IT UP=YOU WILL EARN BACK RESPECT ONE DAY! PRAY!

• its in the newa says:

FINALLY…someone speaks out!!! Great questions btw..So We should ask ourselves ..Why is our church going Christain Sherriff Ed MCMahon just turnimg the other cheek besides upholding the law. Why is it being kept quiet and awept under the rug….ELECTION time!!! NHCSO wants to play hush hush…it will make the department look bad.
    ….
    I also believe there alot of double standards in the NHCSO when it comes to the males and females…just as this article is one example..
    He gets a pay cut and demoted…sounds like to me she was rewarded…really a promotion which in turn she will eventually get a pay raise. from a deputy to a dectective… that’s interesting…

I bet you bet your sweet ass that this is not the only LEOs commiting adultery in the NHCSO the others …swept under the rug…

Female LEOs get a slap on hand a few days off and male LEO gets pay cuts and demotions without a second thought…

I think they all should get exposed and air the dirty laundry out to the public if the proper steps are not going to taken to stop all of this adultery… make an example start firing them..I mean after all isn’t adultery Illegal??

And yes I hope the other LT and deputy will be brought to light…whats fair is fair!!

I think if they start getting rid of the ppl causing problems then you would have less problems… The NHCSO needs tighten up.

Although I think the lady is suing the wrong one.. we are so quick to blame the other person instead of the one who took the oath to be faithful to their spouse. There are temptations everyday but a devoted spouse will walk away.. people if your marriage is in trouble or falling apart get marriage counseling ..because in the end the other person is not worth the trouble that they cause…

• JUDGE YE NOT says:

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR OPINION,BUT THE LADY IS NOT SUING THE WRONG ONE!ACCORDING TO COURT DOCUMENTS,MS JONES WAS MARRIED 17 YRS.10 YRS ENTITLES HER TO HALF.I PERSONALLY WANT TO SAY,I KNEW THE THE JONESES. THEY WERE BOTH GOOD FOLKS.EVERYONE AT THE DEPARTMENT KNEW,WHEN THEY OPENED THEIR HOUSE TO HAVE COOKOUTS AND OTHER FUNCTIONS,A GOOD DEAL OF THE SHERIFFS OFFICE WAS INVITED,INCLUDING ME AND THE TURNERS. I HAVE SEEN THEM THEIR ON AT LEAST TWO OCCASSIONS. MS TURNER PORTRAYED TO BE THIS WOMANS FRIEND WHILE GOING TO HER HOUSE,CHECKING OUT HER HUSBAND. THAT IS THE ACT F A DIRTY DOG,MS TURNER!BEING THAT THERE IS NO PERFECT MARRIAGE,IM SURE MS JONES HAD HER FAULTS,BUT WHO DESERVES THIS.YOU CANT BLAME THE SHERIFF FOR WHAT GOES ON THERE,HE CANT KNOW UNTIL IT COMES TO HIS ATTENTION.I THINK YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP TALKING IF YOU DONT KNOW ANY OF THESE PEOPLE.

• veronicamiles says:

i totally agree,im sure it is not the only affair going on,there are at least two more waiting to be exposed. lets see what punishment they will get. however i disagree on the lady suing the wrong one.according to court documents,the joneses were married 17 yrs.10 yrs gets her half,im sure ms jones has her faults because no marriage is perfect. did she commit adultry?i personally knew the joneses.everyone knew there were friendly,nice folks. i have attended many a function at their home(and a nice one at that)and so have the turners,on at least 2 occasions. ms turner potrayed to be this womans friend,while all the time,checking out her husband,obviously. that is the act of a dirty dog,ms turner. why arent you or mr jones talking to the media,you are both cowards.he doesnt even have the guts to come back to work.but you do reap what you sew as im sure you both are finding out!the truth will come out about everyone involved. dont judge

• true blue says:

A mother who leaves her minor children in the middle of the night to go sleep with a married man is not much of a mother nor a responsible adult. If this is the way she treats her children, how will she treat her job related responsibilities? Let’s see…if given the choice of sleeping with Sean or attending to her duties, which do you think she’ll choose. I’m refraining from labeling but if the shoe fits….

• SayWha? says:

You are aware aware, aren’t you, that spellcheck’s essentially built right into this site aren’t you?

If a poster is this careless with the simple basics of posting to a site, why should anyone feel that the poster is putting any more time and effort into conveying truthfully accurate information to others?

Cute. A computer without spell check? That would be an Etch-a-Sketch which might be more your speed. And you have made all the same basic grammar mistakes shown in the other posts. My bet is you are the author of all of them.

• Heather says:

As a family member of a previously employed officer with the sheriff’s department, I can tell you that there are a lot of crooked things that go on there. What a joke.

• Ralph says:

Turner was at a in service class at work telling people not to believe what they hear about her. Are you serious?Most people who work here know this is not her first tryst with a employee. The only one fooled by this is Jones. He rightly deserves this. Seems to me,if you are not guilty,one wouldn’t have to say so or use their child to defend themselves. Did you forget your husband who you wronged,said you did do it. I hope both exes prevail in this.

• Daisy says:

There are not many cases like this where a woman is sued by a ex. The ex must have some damming info on these two.Not good for a preacher!.would not want to be a part of his flock. Turner,if you did it,go ahead and pay the woman,if not,face her in the courtroom and stand your ground. Good. Luck!

• Ronald says:

Sean Jones has a ruined reputation,nobody respects him as a man or as a minister,he was demoted,his name shunned all over town,they put him in the back of the sheriff’s office out of sight,and he with a woman with a rotten reputation.What a way to go! Hasn’t he suffered enough? Stop talking about him,give the man a break! We all need one sometime.

• Rhonda says:

I decided to respond to 18 yr old adult ‘s. Bell in reference to the comment she made to the people at Lifepoint. I am one of those who wrote a comment and I have every right to my opinion as she does. I don’t appreciate a minister and his paramour bringing their mess to this church. We teach here to follow God,not do what you want. A person of the clergy is supposed to be true and honest. How can one come sit in church knowing they are doing wrong. Many of us here learned of. Minister Jones through,the news and internet. How can he teach or offer any advice to anyone as a Man of God,if he is not.What is his purpose here,to hide thinking no one would know. When you continue to do wrong,expect people to talk and not like it here. Maybe he should stop thinking of himself,and think what God would want him to do.We didn’t have this kind of talk here before. God exposed you for a reason. Everyone is not happy you come here. I know that sounds harsh,but we some of us are entitled to our opinions.

• Roger says:

I totally agree with all the comments about this Preacher! Where I come from,that is called a false prophet,Jones. A preacher having relations with a woman who is a adulterous,with any woman for that matter. I’m not going to call you,preacher,you don’t deserve that title now.

• waylan says:

This man Jones is a preacher!Surely he has heard of a woman scorned! I’m sure if he doesn’t know,he going to find out! I have been there. Not good!You can’t go around treating someone wrong even if you are a cop,and surely not a preacher.

• Kim says:

Mr. Jones, May the wrath of God,bring you down!

• patrica says:

In reading these blogs, I realized the attorney Lady Jones has in her corner. Melodi Hayes is a excellent lawyer. She is a bulldog in the courtroom which is excellent for her. She will eat them like a crocodile has fish for dinner
    Some yrs ago she represented a friend of mine and she walked away with half of everything he had. I would recommend her to anyone in this situation. You go,Mrs Jones. I’m rooting for you. You deserve it!

• Butch says:

!Is it just me or am I the only,one who realizes this is a preacher having relations with a woman. What church do they attend that the pastor doesn’t know he is a preacher. A practicing one, I hope not. Does anyone respect the Lord anyone? It’s bad when the clergy doesn’t. This man has a son who’s leading church services. What is he teaching this kid. Lets hope in this case the child doesn’t take after his dad. Kudous to the young man! Dad get yourself together,if not for God or yourself,for your kid.

• horton says:

Here is one you should think about,Turner. This preacher couldn’t be true to God,what makes you think he is true to you.

• zenobia says:

As a tax payer in this state, if the officials we employ are running around having affairs at the office on my dime its a news story I want to hear. And I want to know how much of our money they wasted conducting this affair, and if I paid for as much as one text message between these two lovebirds.

• Mattie says:

All these comments about Jones is irrelevant. This man is a ordained Rev who seemed and got a divorce. He knows what the Bible says about that and he pursued it. That’s choosing to go against God. He is also choosing to continue to go against Him by his own choice. He needs prayer,not to be ridiculed online. His life can’t be right going against God. I am a minister and chose to go against Him and greatly paid the price,but God gave me the chance to get it right. I never want to experience his Wrath again not even a little bit. Mr Jones.listen to God,not her,not other people. She is not Godly or she wouldn’t be seeing a divorced preacher. I’m sure you still know God. because you are still here. Don’t take Him for granted. I’m reading you have a son. Be a Godly dad for him. God loves you!

• Wayne. B says:

I don’t know any of the parties involved here. But I will say this, Ms. Jones, be glad you are alone if you are. This person is not who he say he is. I don’t know how long you were married. You are extremely lucky you found out! If a preacher can’t be true,who can you trust. God will take care of him. I don’t know how he holds up his head in town much less somebody’s church while he doing wrong. Sometimes we do put our trust in the wrong people. I’m sure you are not blameless in all of this because we are all human. But your name and face is not protruding all over tv and internet.Be blessed!

• willieE says:

I had the privilege of seeing Rev Jones son presiding the service at Macedoina Baptist Church on yesterday,where his dad started his ministry. It was amazing to see this young man speak so eloquently as he did.I am so glad to see he is prospering so well amongst his father’s actions.You should be proud Rev Jones as I’m sure you are. However it is sad to see the son I doing better than his dad who despite everything is still a minister. You should get a copy and watch your son. He is a exceptional young man. This should inspire you to do the right thing. This is not to embarrass you or bash you. We all make bad choices,you have a chance to get it right.God bless you!

• Sydney says:

To Turner and Jones,1st Timothy, Chapter 1, VERSES 8 through 10. Sound familiar!

• Guest Reply Redux says:

Slow News Day???

• Salle says:

It is rumored Jones and Jones will be in court next wks. How do we find out? This seems odd,this cop going to court already deemed with untruthfulness.* Seems pointless to me. Who’s going to believeanything he says.Whatever happened to suit filed against Turner.

• Melvin says:

Here is a question for our so called FAIR sheriff in this town. Though I don’t agree with any kind of affairs,why did. Turner not get demoted like. Jones They were both in this together. They both knew what they were doing. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander or was it because she was Caucasian and he was Black.Seems to me,Mr Jones you got more than the short end of the deal.

• Guestofferson says:

They have to keep it “slow” for dwindling, burnt out has-beens like you that have nothing better to do than post to constant complaints here. Go back to your crack pipe and relaaaaaax….

Funny…this article aired 7/28/14 and you’re just now getting to it? Slow? Dehhhh, yep!

• sara says:

I just read a comment from someone who asked Ms. Jones,why did your husband cheat? Well,at least you recoginized he did cheat. Isnt that the principal of all of this? And he is a minister,do any of you people know what that means. Or do you serve God!

• Blue Monday says:

WPD because its a city position would be more inclined to have to like at race and sex ,hmm bad word in this case.. Sexuality .. Hmm never mind anyway that’s the city. Deputies are different. When in NC, and you work at NHCSD you serve the citizens of our fine county HOWEVER, you work at ‘The will of the Sheriff’. This means at any time, for any reason (technically) Sheriff can fire sny person for any reason he sees fit. While the dept is and had to be an EOE, you still work for the Sheriff. In NC, that’s the only readon that’s needed to terminate a deputies status as an officer with the dept. Thats why there’s skeays a shakeup at sny SD when a new sheriff is elected. He can keep or terminate any position he wants., even female deputies that have a discipline tardiness and county vehicle 10-50 at fault record

• Insider says:

So, this LT sleeps with a deputy under his command and gets demoted, a pay cut and days off….what happened with the female deputy? It appears as though she got a few days off without pay. Why wasn’t she demoted? Why didn’t she have her pay cut? WHY…..because she is a female. I also she was promoted after this incident took place but before it was brought out to the public. Was she promoted to keep her quiet? It is an election year by the way

Then we have another LT who sleeps with one of his deputies (supposedly while on duty) and he also gets demoted along with a pay cut and days off. What happened to the female in that situation? Oh yeah, she also only received a few days off. Why didn’t she have her pay cut? Why wasn’t she demoted to a detention officer? WHY…because she is a female

Just more doubled standards!!!

• Lacey says:

Why do these men do dumb stuff,get caught and want to blame someone else.They need to man up!Mr.Jones.you should do the right thing. You say you are a preacher. Don’t you know God know what you Did and know what you doing now. Your life will never be right until you do what God called you to do.Ms Turner,you are dead wrong. You went in this woman’s house,smiling at her and being her friend. God has a place for you,too. Ms. Jones,Hold your head up,my husband of 28 yrs decided the babysitter would be his new wife. After sulking two months, I got wise. I got his pension,his 401k,alimony for 15 yrs. Claim it in Jesus name. It is yours. Now he calling me wanting to borrow money. Be glad you are RID of the bogus preacher but pray for him.

• Get Real says:

I guess maybe, you believe, it was also the children’s fault.

This is what happens, when a person allows one percent of his body, to dictate 100% of his actions.

• marion gore says:

I READ THE COMMENT TO CHERYL JONES,WHATEVER SHE DID OR DIDNT DO IN HER MARRIAGE DIDNT GIVE MR JONES THE RIGHT TO CHEAT.HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE HONEST MAN HE PROCLAIMED TO BE.HE IS NOT ONLY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER BUT A ORDAINED REVEREND. WHAT HAPPENED TO FOR BETTER OR WORSE,MR JONES.I BELIEVE SHE STOOD BY YOU WHILE YOU WERE ACTING THE PREACHER.DOES HE HAVE KIDS. HOW WOULD HE FEEL IF SOMEONE LEFT HIS CHILD TO GO HAVE A AFFAIR AND WHAT DOES THAT SAY OF HIS CHARACTER. KUDOS TO MR TURNER AND MS JONES.I WISH THEM THE BEST

• artemus says:

Cheryl Jones, ask yourself why your husband felt the need to cheat. Blame him or look at yourself… not the other person.

• Jenny says:

I’m more curious as to why a law enforcement officer, who is also a mother would leave her child home alone so she could go sleep with a married man. Oh right, her husband was home, so it was OK. Priorities Pete, priorities.

• caroyln says:

Spellcheck,grammer,all caps,what difference does that make. You are all on here to read comments like me and eveyone else. So one person is writing more than one blog,( I highly doubt that),to much info is being told.Somebody knows something! I agree,this man is a minister.he is wrong,no ifs and buts about it. Those of you who tend to ignore this (like gesty) should not be even speaking. I wonder if gesty is married and how she/he would feel being cheated on.Have you noticed Ms Turner nor Mr Jones has spoken. Its my understanding they both now have admitted to the affair and are still together.So let the take their punishment and move on! You work in a public office,things are bound to come out. It goes with the flow.

So you turned off caps lock to try to blend in but you can’t turn off your basic grammar mistakes.

• sayso says:

Sure time and effort,truthfulness,and accurate info. I worked with two said indiviuals.Everyone could see the flirting,looks, and signs they were giving each other. We knew long before spouses found out.Maybe I didnt spell every word right,dot every i or cross every t. Its ok. The fact of the matter is what they did. But you keep dwelling on spelling.Like someone else wrote, do you see the talking. The truth will come out and it doesnt matter what we say or think or write!

• markd says:

Wasnt trying and didnt care about blending in. If I did I would have corrected the mistakes. Even you knew what I was saying. The point was getting the word out! When you know something about the situation, you put it on here and make sure everything is spelled right! Youre right,thanks,that was good for me! Tell youre friends,Ms Turner and Mr. Jones Good Luck!

You are getting better with the grammar but you are still making enough mistakes to show you are the same poster of all the caps lock comments. And to clarify, I don’t know any of the parties involved in this matter.

• Sickandtired says:

Why yes I can blame the Sheriff! He is close friends with Jones and this entire thing was brought to Sheriff Ed’s attention many many months ago and he did NOTHING. He recently had another Lt. caught up in the same thing and was forced to discipline him because the female employee’s spouse raised hell and he had no choice. That Lt., after being disciplined, raised hell because Jones had gotten away with it with no ramifications. Then Sheriff Ed was finally forced to deal with him. So again, yes I can blame the sheriff. He should have dealt with Jones a long time ago when he was caught up in another related incident and lied. But he didn’t. The last three sheriffs would have quickly fired every one of them. McMahon has fostered this type of behavior for too long. That’s why it seems to be one incident after another. But oh yeah, he is a fine Christian man and a great leader. Bull!!

• frances rollins says:

AS I read the comment you submitted,I begin to wonder if their was anything to what you were saying. T agree that people should use their real names,thats why I decided to use mine. You stated a lady started all of these rumors about your mom. I was with you until I decided to check this out for myself. I feel people shouldn’t make false accusations. I found out information in the clerks office is public info. You can also purchase it,$2 for first page and .25 for each additional sheet.I got the Jones divorce as well as your parents. Its seems you have some wrong info,Sean has NOT been divorced 2 yrs as you stated,if this is correct it hasn’t been a year. You should also know it takes two in marriages no matter who is at fault.I saw mothimg in the Jones divorce of anyone saying anything about adultery. However, Matthew Turner stated his wife had a affair with Sean and two other men.Is there ant truth in that? He did make this statement under oath. Wasn’t that childish or just the truth? Perhaps you are pointing fingers at the wrong persom.I also read the article on the two of them being guilty of UNTRUTHFULNESS amd CONDUCT UNBECOMING OF OFFICERS at the Sheriffs Office, So have you aked,what did they lie about? You also stated the people in churches should not be talking. Im sure you kmow now this man is a minister if you didn’t before. Or is it okay because your mom is with him. Maybe you shouls ask a real pastor about what mimisters should and shouldn’t do or be involved in. Nobody doubts you love your family,but you should learn the facts before you speak since you say you are a adult,however you are not 21.God does love and forgive us all,thats why he gives us chances to do right. If one choses to continue to go against Him,thats on them. Maybe you should wait until all the facts are in before you point a finger.Be careful on opening a can of worms,that seem to be adult affairs, You may not like the worm that comes out! GOOD LUCK

• Hattie says:

What kind
    of a mom is this?First you leave your sick child in the house for days to go spend the night with a preacher.Then you get your 18 yr old to bad mouth someone who you befriended and now is accusing of lying. How is anyone supposed to believe you. Now you want to act like the wounded one.I’m so glad. I don’t know you. And then you are a cop. Lady,you have some nerve. Throw stones when you don’t have any in your back yard!

• Susanna Bell says:

First of all how cowardly you can’t even say your own name. The group of adults above have ridiculous and immature and if I were your children I would be so ashamed.To all the people that don’t have anything better to do than stick their large noses into drama shame on you. I am an 18 year old adult and look if you read my comment in going to use my real name because im not a coward or ashamed! It hurts me to see my loving mother be ridiculed for false accusations. Matt Turner is my step father and I love him very much but the woman that caused all this is Sean Jones wife. She wanted someone to blame for her dead marriage so she’s pointing every finger at everyone but herself. If you look at the paperwork Sean and his wife had been divorced for two years prior to these acqusations. If the pathetic adults on here are going to make such henious and childish acqusations at least don’t be stupid enough to look only at the narrow mind media a story. Seriously don’t half the adults on here have something better to do? And to ALL the people from churches that have commented on here and yes I am talking to the woman from life point and the people from New beginnings church, shame on you. It’s people like you that corrupt Christianity for people trying to seek Gods love, we are all imperfect and sinful in Gods eyes. So the people speaking slander and saying they don’t deserve Gods love, your commuting just as much as a sin as a murderer or adulteress. You should be welcoming people with loving arms because that’s what Christianity is all about… Love for God and others through him. I guess it comes to show that it’s people like you that make people stay away from churches and make a bad name for Christianity.

• LISAMILES says:

SAW MS. JONES IN THE COURTHOUSE YESTERDAY.NICE LOOKING,SLIM,NEAT,WELL-DRESSED WOMAN.SOMEONE NEEDS TO TELL MR. JONES,YOU TRADE UP NOT DOWN.IM BEGINNING TO WONDER WHAT MS.JONES SAW IN HIM. BE GLAD HE LEFT! YOU CAN DO MUCH BETTER.WISH YOU LUCK IN COURT!

• Heimie Schmelter says:

…both of you above can’t spell, punctuate or otherwise write a comprehensible sentence, making it difficult at best for anyone to understand what you’re attempting to convey.

I’ve read and re-read and still struggle to gain your points. I recommend that you both stick to anonymity, so that nobody knows who you are! This sort of writing will follow you around for a while!

• Walter says:

Seems to me the adults in this matter should fight their own battles and leave teenager out of it. Shame on you!(

• Garland says:

I too agree many misspellings but that doesn’t matter,I understand what each is saying, Sounds like they just in a hurry to type.People,should not make comments,if they don’t want responses,teenagers or not. There is some lies somewhere. And if you can’t understand them, you have the option to ignore!

• Garland says:

Ignore like I should have done with your comment? Try posting again once you sober up.

Has anybody else noticed the 5 comment below mine are all written with caps lock, all have the same grammar errors and the posters name runs the first and last name together?

Me thinks there is a troll.

• jspencer says:

I have noticed the 5 comments all in caps,grammer errors,etc. Just tells me they used a computer without without spellcheck. Whats the big deal? Its the information that is important.You know no one uses their real name,you didnt.Seems to me you a troll like everyone else!Me think! what school did you attend.Werent you named with a first and last name? Think about that!

• BRUCEP says:

I WORKED FOR THIS MAN YRS AGO.ALTHOUGH I DIDNT ALWAYS AGREE WITH HIS METHODS AND WAYS,I GAVE HIM BENEFIT OF DOUBT BECAUSE HE WAS DOING A JOB.HE ALWAYS TALKED ABOUT HIS WIFE AND SON,AND WHAT THEY MEANT TO HIM!WAS ALL THAT A LIE!I ALWAYS KNEW HIM TO BE A UPRIGHT MAN WITH PRIDE WHO WOULD NOT STOOP THIS LOW.HE HAS LOST THE RESPECT OF THE SHERIFFS OFFICE,HIS CHURCH,AND THE COMMUNITY.I ALSO HEARD HIM SPEAK AT CHURCH AND I REMEMBER THINKING,HE WILL MAKE A GREAT PREACHER! IT IS SAD TO LEAVE THAT BEHIND AFTER GOD BESTOWED IT UPON YOU AFTER YOU SAY YOU WERE CALLED.I AGREE WITH ANOTHER COMMENT WRITTEN,HIS FATE WILL NOT BE ON EARTH,GODS WRATH IS NOT GOOD.I JUST HOPE HE TURNS HIS LIFE AROUND AND GET IT RIGHT. BUT THATS HIS CHOICE,WE ALL MAKE BAD CHOICES,THE THING IS FIXING IT.I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM DO BETTER!

• Dee Nile says:

This has been going on before Mr. Turner left for school. The flirting and inappropriate behavior on job was going on longer than some are letting on. Some in the dept. are sick of the cover ups. We understand that five children are involved and that is a shame. They must be embarrassed and ashamed that the parents they should be looking up to for moral support and learning the rights and wrongs. Mr. Jones being a LEO has taken an oath to the dept. and citizens and as a preacher he should have known marriage is a sacred vow and taken those vows more seriously and worked out the problems they had. Ms. Turner has taken the same oath to the dept. and citizens. It is wrong.

• joe says:

For one Mr Turner and mrs turner has been seperate, he was not off bettering himself for his family, it was for himself only. So the fact this happened doesnt affect him on the interest of a husband anymore. Two there are five children involved, so dont just take pity on two of them, all five are now going through this terrible time.

• Dan Watuga says:

Gina Turner was disciplined by being reassigned to the NCHSD Detective unit, as a detective? Detective? This is now the second husband in a row, she has done the same thing with, all while pursuing a career as a LEO.
    Ed, Ed.. You sure do have some ethical LEOs in house, while some of us wait years and years to get the opportunity to apply for a position with the 5’s, here is Mrs. ethics herself, pushed into a d’less Tracy for being unethical, dishonest, and having conduct less than becoming to a public servant all so those who may not have any respect left do not have to be burdened?
    Yes that is correct. This ‘promo’ to detective happened on or about the same time as the true nature of Jone’s and Turner’s affair came to light. Isn’t that interesting?
    It is an embarrassment to those who are proudly blue to knowingly have to be forced to stand proud beside those who are supposed to be honest, prideful, public servants with integrity, who instead stand beside others who do nothing but serve themselves, (over and over or so it appears). As an individual who promised to conduct herself soberly, honestly and honorably, and promised to avoid offensive behavior and to obey superior officers, well it sounds like she obeyed herself to her superior officer, however it seems like in her opinion, the other parts of the oath, held so dearly by so many just were not worth her time in order to be placed upon a desk, rather pedestal.
    All of this and unbeknownst to poor Mr. Turner, who was bettering himself by attending college to obtain his Ph.D. to better support Mrs. Turner and the two children. The only people who have lost and suffered are Mr. Turner, Mr.’s Jones, and all of the local citizens who must put their trust and faith in the hands of those who judge others rights and wrongs, while allegedly holding themselves above the law and not having to answer to any higher authority, other than their own selves while Mr. Turner and Mrs. Jones are the one’s left emotionally damaged and having to raise their children on their own, so two co-workers can ‘play’. I could not imagine being away at college trying to make a better life for a family, only to get a phone call from an unfaithful and dishonest wife and being told of this dishonest, unethical, unfaithful adultery. And the ones who condone, are they, the same ones who condemn you?
    Is it fair to have those who have power and authority over the rest of us, be able to conduct themselves at work and in the home, with their children and without in such a manner and way, their behavior to themselves, is ok, while any negative behavior from anyone else is not ok, and is not acceptable?
    I have a very difficult time understanding how we the public are supposed to be able to trust those, who feel like dishonestly is an acceptable thing, as long as it is only them who are bring the dishonest ones.

• haggler says:

I can certainly share her pain, but this suit will be an expensive and totally unsatisfying nonstarter. Courts don’t get involved in this stuff any more.

• Elizabeth Denkins says:

As I was reading the previous blogs,I have a better understanding of some of this.Someone wrote Turner has been to this woman’s house being friendly with her. That is a low down snake belly thing to do to anybody.And Mr. Jones you allowed this to happen.She is your co worker and you end up with her.You are a preacher! What is this woman suppose to think. Do either of you have any morals? Both of you need to do soul searching.Would you want someone to do this to you? You both need Jesus.Be careful how you treat others! The unjust doesn’t prosper,you should know this Preacher Jones.

• MAGGIEKERNS says:

HERE IS ONE FOR MS TURNER,SURELY YOU CANT BE THIS BLIND.SO WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU! THE MAN,WHO IS A MINISTER GOTNG AGAINST GOD. I HEARD YOU WERE A CHRISTIAN WOMAN,EVIDEMTLY NOT.YOURE SLEEPING WITHA A MINISTER,WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU IN GODS EYES. BESIDES DO YOU NOT REALIZE THE FIRST WIFE GETS ALL THE BENEFITS. ALIMONY UNTIL SHE REMARRIES,HALF HIS 401K,HIS PENSION,CHILD SUPPORT(DEPENDING 0N AGE OF CHILD),I HEAR MS JONES IS STILL LIVING IN THE HOUSE WHICH IM SURE HE IS STILL PAYING FOR GIVEN HIS SALARY REPORTED IN STAR NEWS. YOU SURELY MUST BE IN LOVEOR DESPERATE/DONT YOU HAVE CHILDREN TO THINK ABOUT? SEEMS TO ME MS JONES HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. EVEN IF SHE RECOVERS NOTHING FROM YOU,SHE STILL WINS. IS IT WORTH BEING IN COURT FOR? ITS GOING TO BE INTERESTING. IM GOING TO BE FOLLOWING THE NEWS FOR THIS ONE. GOOD LUCK!

• LEO33 years says:

What next? So let’s get this straight a supervisor can have sex with a subordinate and lose just 3 dollars an hour pay?
    And not to mention both are married! I am pretty sure it’s his first offense as am employee there. Nope it’s not!!
    He’s had a few Internal Affairs investigations prior to this that the Chief and Col stopped!

But if he would’ve raised his voice to a Grace member !! Well still nothing would happen because he’s a chosen one.
    Can’t wait for the other married Lt to be known to the world soon!

• DaveInTheDirtFan says:

Were the kids left alone ? Was it a state of neglect ? Or was the alleged act(s), performed in the presence of the kids. Disgraceful. You would expect this from drug dealing thugs. Not Law Enforcement Professionals.

Then again, why would a selfish person care about their kids, when his/her desires, are the only thing that matter ?

Maybe I’m old fashioned. But duties come before desires. Duties to your agency, and more so, your children, and Christ.

• Rusty says:

That law is still on the NC books? In the late 70s or early 80s I had the misfortune to be seated on a jury where the charges were Alienation of affection and Criminal congress (Extra-marital sex). After two days of testimony it was settled out of court during recess.