WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY)– If you’ll be driving around Wilmington Saturday, you might notice quite a few bikes on the road. The 14th annual Azalea Triathlon is scheduled to take place on Saturday.
The swim and run portions of this event will be on UNCW’s campus. The bike course will take athletes through portions of Wilmington around UNCW. According to a news release, although no roads will be closed for this event, drivers should use extra caution from 8:00 a.m. until 1 p.m. that day and may encounter slight traffic delays along the route.
Bike Course Turn by Turn:
- Start at UNCW Campus
- Exit UNCW via Reigel Rd.
- Northbound on Rose Ave. to Clear Run Dr.
- Westbound on Clear Run Dr. to Cardinal Dr.
- Northbound on Cardinal Dr. to Eastwood Rd.
- Eastbound on Eastwood Rd. to Rogersville Rd.
- Southbound on Rogersville Rd. to Wrightsville Ave.
- Westbound on Wrightsville Ave. to MacMillan Ave.
- Northbound on MacMillan Ave to Hamilton Dr.
- Back into UNCW campus to finish
The Azalea Triathlon is the first event of the 2017 AAA Car Care North Carolina Triathlon Series. A portion of proceeds form the event to benefit UNCW Swimming & Diving Team.