make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Afghans tell Marine Corps panel they were shot without cause

READ MORE:
CAMP LEJUENE (AP) -- Two Afghan civilians wounded by fire from a Marine Corps special operations unit in March say they didn't have any weapons and were not attacking the unit's convoy. The two civilians testified Tuesday by video link from Afghanistan before a Court of Inquiry, a special administrative fact-finding panel investigating the March 4 incident. Several Marines have told the court they saw people firing at their unit after a minivan packed with explosives detonated near the second Humvee in their convoy. But the Afghan witnesses said Tuesday they didn't hear the bombing or see an explosion, and were attacked by the Marines without cause. An Army investigation concluded earlier this year that up to 19 civilians died in the shootings, but attorneys for two Marine officers involved argue the death toll was lower. (Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Sure they did

Any self respecting enemy in combat would do the same thing. I bet there are a Germans after WWII that felt the same way.

Double Standards?

If these soldiers wore a NHC Sheriff's uniform they would get a slap on the wrist. We(military) shoot at those attacking us and still catch hell! If your employed by the county you can shoot through a front door at unarmed people and spend less time in court!