make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Autopsies released for 3 students killed in NC beach house fire

CHAPEL HILL (AP) -- Official autopsy reports confirm that two of the seven college students killed in an October fire at a beach house in North Carolina died from smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Chapel Hill released autopsy reports Friday for 19-year-old Travis Lane Cale and 18-year-old William Robert Rhea. Reports are pending for the other five victims. At least one additional report was expected later Friday. Cale and Rhea were among six students who attended the University of South Carolina. The seventh victim attended Clemson University. The state's chief medical examiner, Doctor John Butts, had previously said he believed all seven students died from carbon monoxide poisoning. (Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.