make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Carbon monoxide hospitalizes couple

READ MORE:
WILMINGTON -- An update tonight in the investigation in to how and why a Wilmington couple was hospitalized yesterday. The New Hanover County Sheriff's Office says the strange odor emanating from Sun Coast Drive on Thursday was associated with carbon monoxide, but they haven't figured out where it came from. Jeanne and Peter Gaidus were found in their home by deputies. She was unresponsive, he was disoriented. Jeanne was air-lifted to Duke Medical Center where she's stable in the intensive care unit. Peter is in fair condition this evening at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

carbon monoxide is supposed

carbon monoxide is supposed to be odorless

carbon monoxide

This is another good reason to have a carbon monoxide detector in your residence. I have seen these devices save lives.