A fire near Ogden blocked traffic for part of the morning on Tuesday. Smoke appeared to be coming from the attic and chimney of a home off Middle Sound Loop Road. The smoke quickly moved to the living room, and fire departments from Wrightsboro, Castle Hayne and Ogden responded. The chimney on the side of the home collapsed, and left debris everywhere. "No one was home at the time. The residents had left early this morning, and some dock workers on the other side of that building saw the smoke and called the fire in,” said NHC Fire Marshal Matt Davis. The investigation is still ongoing, but at this point, the fire marshal has ruled the fire accidental.
- Video Central
- About WWAY