make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Fire destroys Wilmington home

READ MORE:
GUYCOURTFIRE300.jpg

Firefighters say improperly discarded smoking material led to a fire that destroyed a Wilmington home this morning. Investigators say the fire started near a work bench in the garage of the house on Guy Court off Airlie Road a little after 1 a.m.

The family was already out of the home by the time firefighters arrived. A dog barking in a kennel woke them up. The dog and probably the family's cat died in the fire. No one else was hurt.

The Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay tonight.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.