I know, from some Corning employees, that they use some pretty hazardous chemicals in their manufacturing process. I hope that none of them were mixed in with the fumes, but it smelt horrible. I think Corning needs to make a public statement ASAP about what happened and if there are any precautions we need to take. I live within a stone's throw of the plant and the smoke cloud was pretty thick in my neighborhood. Some of my friends that were driving past Corning during the fire said that their eyes, noses and throats were burning from smelling the smoke. This is pretty scary.
More information about formatting options