make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Second fire in one year damages Carolina Beach restaurant

READ MORE:
seawitch300.jpg

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WWAY) -- A fire at a Carolina Beach restaurant early this morning caused the evacuation of a neighboring motel. The fire broke out just before 4 a.m. at the SeaWitch Café on Carolina Beach Avenue North. A police officer driving by saw the flames coming out of the restaurant and called it in.

Crews evacuated the Guy Johnson Motel. Carolina Beach, Kure Beach and New Hanover County fire departments all battled the blaze. Investigators say the SeaWitch suffered extensive damage. No one was hurt.

This is the second fire at the SeaWitch Café in less than a year. A suspicious fire broke out in the restaurant last June.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.