THIS INFORMATION FROM A NEWS RELEASE SENT TO THE WWAY NEWSCHANNEL 3 NEWSROOM
WILMINGTON, NC (NEWS RELEASE) -- CFPUA Utility Services will be conducting an emergency water line repair at the Carolina Beach Rd./Front St./Burnett Blvd. intersection on Tuesday. Crews will begin work at 11 p.m. and expect to have the work completed by 6 a.m. the following morning. No customers will be without water during this repair.
There will be lane closures and some traffic in this area will be redirected while crews make repairs. Message boards have been placed on Carolina Beach Road and on Burnett Blvd. to give advanced warning of the work that is to come. Affected traffic patterns are listed and a map outlining detours and lane closures is attached.
· The repair is to be made ~100' north of the traffic signal for the intersection on Hwy. 421 in the north bound lane.
· The left turning lane from Burnett Blvd. traveling North onto Hwy. 421 will be diverted; traffic will have no choice but to go straight through the intersection for the detour.
· Northbound traffic on Hwy. 421/Carolina Beach Road will be shifted to the far right lane; traffic will not be able to go straight through the intersection.
· Southwest bound traffic coming from Burnett Blvd./3rd Street will not be able to turn right to get to Hwy. 421 north.
· The detour is outlined in yellow on the attached map and the lane closures are outlined in red.
· All signage will be in place at approximately 10 p.m. Tuesday.