Info
Submitted by WWAY on Fri, 01/21/2011 - 1:18pm.

DURHAM, NC (AP) -- North Carolina prosecutors say they won't try a second time to bring a felony arson charge against the woman who prosecutors said falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of rape. Durham Assistant District Attorney Mark McCullough said Friday his office will not retry Crystal Mangum. A Durham County jury last month deadlocked on the first-degree arson charge that could have led to Mangum being sentenced to prison for more than seven years. Mangum was convicted of contributing to child abuse. Police said Mangum piled her boyfriend's clothes into a bathtub during an argument and lit them on fire while her three children and two police officers were in her home. The state attorney general's office concluded there was no credible evidence Mangum was attacked at a 2006 Duke lacrosse team party. (Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Full Story »
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.

Reply