make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

WFD: Cigarette sparked fire that destroyed house

READ MORE:

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- The Wilmington Fire Department says a cigarette is to blame for a weekend house fire. The fire broke out Saturday morning at 629 Woodlawn Avenue.

Investigators say it started with a cigarette smoldering in a recliner in the living room.

The house is a total loss leaving the two men who lived there without a place to stay. They're getting help from the Red Cross.

One of the victims says his dog woke him up, perhaps saving his life.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.