WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- Progress Energy says it is trying to learn from an accident that killed a worker last month.
A company spokesman says an internal investigation of the the death of Cory Rogers at the Sutton Steam Plant March 15 showed hydrogen gas was not fully purged from a generator Rogers was working on. A fan or work light ignited the gas, which exploded killing Rogers.
Progress Energy is reviewing procedures as a result.
The state Department of Labor is doing its own investigation of the accident at the plant off US 421 in New Hanover County.