make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

What about the real mercury danger in CF Bulbs?

Whatever you do if you have small children do not use those tree-hugging compact fluorescent bulbs in your home. They're an accident waiting to happen. One careless tap with a broom handle or errant cork and your house will have to be professionally cleaned by basically ripping out all the existing flooring and surrounding surfaces and replacing with new. It would be interesting to know just how much mercury vapor is compressed inside one of those little corkscrew bulbs just waiting to contaminate your home? I wonder how many of the test subjects in this article were exposed to broken CF bulbs? Buyer beware, voter beware. Did you know they are already starting to ban 100 watt incandescent bulbs in some states, wonder when it will be NC's turn, is it already in the books?

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.