1. Public housing residents should not be allowed to own pets. We have invested huge amounts of money to build, maintain, a suitable housing for the "poor". This is one policy that would reduce wear and tear on public housing. Dog waste stations would not be needed.
2. Grills are inherently dangerous and private ownership by someone utilizing public housing is not a '"necessary" risk taxpayers should have to bear. Rental apartments do not allow grilling on balcony's.
They are accidents waiting to happen.
3. Are taxpayers going to be required to provide grilling tools to each resident?
4. Public housing should be a "short-term" fix. Other than the handicapped, there should be a limit on residency time periods. People do not have a "right" to public housing.
5. If a family member(living in public housing) is convicted of a crime, that family should be denied the "privilege" of residency.
Most importantly, the city or county govt should have to approve any spending by the Wilmington Housing Authority, over $5000, to be accountable to the taxpayers, and reduce unnecessary expenditures in this economy. Random drug screens should also be required. Maybe even fingerprinting, we should know exactly who is in housing that we're paying for.
More information about formatting options