make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Fire breaks out at Wilmington retirement community

READ MORE:

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- Residents of a Wilmington retirement home had an eventful evening. A fire broke out on the fourth floor of Lake Shore Commons Retirement Community when a cigarette was not properly discarded. The building's sprinkler system extinguished the fire. One woman was transported to New Hanover Regional for precautionary measures, but has already been authorized for release.

Damages are estimated to be about $50,000. Firefighters and facility staff were able to get all of the residents out in time.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.