make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Tax Incentive

I'm not in the film industry, but I do know a thing or two about tax. While Home Depot may not be based in NC, any revenue generated by sales in NC would result in NC income tax being paid by Home Depot. Corporations that have operations in multiple states are required to file a return in each state they are operting in. The same goes for rental companies. Also, even if an actor is from out of state, they too would be required to file a NC income tax return for the income earned working in NC. It's called a Non-Resident tax return. You are incorrect in regards to sales tax. While there are SOME exemptions related to purchases made by film production companies for film and film processing, most expenses still require a "privilige tax" to be paid directly to the NC dept of revuenue by the purchaser. And any machinery or equipment purchased would be subject to the locat sales tax rate.


The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.