make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

Christmas Eve fire destroys home

READ MORE:
fire.jpg

HAMPSTEAD, NC (WWAY) -- A Hampstead family is without a place to live this Christmas after a fire on Christmas Eve destroyed their home.

Pender County emergency managers say "improperly disposed of smoking material" is to blame. The family safely escaped from their home at 23890 US Highway 17. They managed to save their Christmas presents as well, but the family cat died in the flames.

Firefighters say the house is a total loss because of fire, smoke and water damage. The American Red Cross is helping the family.

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.

»

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.