make WWAY your homepage  Become a fan on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Receive RSS Newsfeeds  MEMBERS: Register | Login

NC Christmas tree fire displaces 2 from home


GREENSBORO, NC (AP) -- Two Greensboro residents are spending the holiday with the Red Cross after a burning Christmas tree forced them from their home.

Firefighters responding the Saturday night emergency call saw fire and smoke pouring from the front of the home.

Investigators believe the Christmas tree was placed too close to the fireplace, which sparked the blaze.

Authorities have not released the names of the two people who live at the house. Neither one was injured.

The Red Cross provided clothes, food and shelter to the residents.

After the blaze was extinguished, firefighters tried to retrieve Christmas presents and other personal items for the residents.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Disclaimer: Comments posted on this, or any story are opinions of those people posting them, and not the views or opinions of WWAY NewsChannel 3, its management or employees. You can view our comment policy here.



The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
Please re-enter the code shown in the image below.