1. not influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc.; thinking or acting for oneself: an independent thinker.
2. not subject to another's authority or jurisdiction; autonomous; free: an independent businessman.
3. not influenced by the thought or action of others: independent research.
4. not dependent; not depending or contingent upon something else for existence, operation, etc.
5. not relying on another or others for aid or support.
INDEPENDENT STUDY -- enough said! The entire council even recognized that in conversation and yet they flip flopped and let the Braves decide who gets to do it?! If the City was going to give me $40 million, i would want my team to do the study too. What secrets could Mandalay possibly have that would be given up in a market analysis and site selection study -- do they have a secret hot dog recipe? I am sure Mandalay threw out some hollow threats about not bringing their team unless their team got the study, so i understand the Council getting scared, but come on! We need our council to get a crash course on the word "independent." Last time I checked, the citizens of this City voted in the council, not a major league baseball team and some slick talking company from Vegas.
More information about formatting options