El Paso vs. Wilmington
- El Paso has a considerably larger population to draw on
- El Paso doesn’t have Wilmington’s beaches as a primary attraction
- Triple A team vs. Single A team (huge difference)
- Room Occupancy Tax available for financing vs. ROC already being consumed (more quickly than generated) by Wilmington’s existing white elephant, the Convention Center
- And as Vog so succinctly put it: “Good for El Paso taxpayers, bad for Wilmington taxpayers”.
Anyone using this article as a justification for a taxpayer funded stadium in Wilmington either has some “skins in the game” they’re not talking about or they're just not thinking straight. This is a no-brainer.
More information about formatting options